Chapter 31

Amazon

"Perseus." Chaos' voice came through clear but something was wrong, something was very wrong. Instinctively Percy went down into a kneel, nearly accidentally decapitating Hazel along the way. "Lady Chaos." He said out loud so that they understood what he was talking about.

"Percy I can't be focused too much here as I'm fighting against my own problems elsewhere. I would call upon you to deal with this but you've been my champion for only a week at most, you're not ready to undertake this type of thing. I have for you one final gift." Chaos explained softly, it was evident that she was busy taking care of something else at the same time.

"Already you have had many but almost all of them you haven't yet discovered. Your armor the ancient hide of Leviathan that your father brought fourth five millennia ago has been waiting for a hero worthy enough to wield it. It chose you Perseus. I have recomposed it at a molecular level." Percy was eyes closed and focused on communicating with Chaos, but his shock was clear and evident.

"Before it was impervious to anything that an Asgardian warrior would need to be protected against, but it was not truly indestructible against godly beings that you will find yourself fighting against. It beats Celestial Bronze, bests Titanic Silver and demolished Olympian Gold. Percy your armor is now composed entirely from Chaotic Platinum." Chaos' warm voice faded towards the end before she said goodbye. She had to deal with other issues somewhere else and would not be able to give Percy any answers were he to ask.

"Well, that's certainly new." He said as he stood again. He hadn't been wearing his armor because truth be told he'd forgotten about it, having no need to wear it to deal with the hunters arrows anymore.

"What just happened?" Luke asked uncertainly. They had now left the boat and continued to walk inland. Not a moment too soon they found themselves outside a street with derelict building everywhere yet one single place seemed to be open. Amazon.

"My armor is now made from the hardest metal in the universe and very possibly unbreakable." Percy told them like it was nothing huge.

"But, you're not wearing any armor?" Frank pointed out but it was more of a question. Percy didn't seem like the type to be walking around with Kevlar.

"Good point. No wonder you're the quest leader." Percy responded with a smug but friendly smile. Frank shot him a banterish glare as Percy snapped his fingers together loudly. A moment later his clothes seemed to have been actively burning off of his but before anything revealing was seen, there were obsidian black links of armor that formed around his body.

"Huh, that's funny, I could have sworn that she said it was-" Right as Percy started talking the impenetrable linked plates of armor shined from a deep midnight black into a platinum that shined brighter than Artemis' eyes.

"Huh, how about that. Lady Diana will love this." He commented to himself, forgetting that he was with company.

"That's actually a little bright if I do say so myself. What is it? I've never seen metal like that." Luke shielded his eyes. Percy noticed this and willed the armor to lessen the shimmer and surprisingly it complied. The armor was still as bright as ever but it was no longer an offending shine that seared retinas.

"Well, like I said, it's the strongest metal in the universe. On the scale of things, the weakest and most commonly found godly metal is Celestial bronze. Luke seemed to subconsciously know what this was but Hazel and Frank had estranged looks on their faces.

"Then a bit stronger than Celestial Bronze is Olympian Gold but it's also rarer. Titanic Silver is even rarer than Olympian Gold but it's not as strong, but after that the strongest and rarest is Chaotic Platinum. Hence the shine." Percy waved lazily across his body. Something else caught his eye and he almost gasped in shock. How could Chaos be so careless? Draped across Percy's neck and down his back was a long cape that glinted beautifully in the light. On the inside but thankfully well hidden by Percy's body was the symbol of Chaos crossed with that of the half crescent moon, meaning the Champion of Chaos, which was himself, and Artemis, which was his boss who he was secretly courting.

He waved his hand and a powerful force sent the cape back into his tent at Artemis' camp. There was no doubt in his mind that Artemis would sense his act and investigate, he wished that she didn't Iris message him in the middle of the battle with the embarrassing revelation of her discovery though.

"Amazon. That's not just a shipping company, I get the feeling that we will either find some decent aid inside here or possibly some death, but seeing as the prophecy says three will survive, we don't have to worry." Percy explained as he made his way to the Amazon building in a fast stride. Once they were all inside, they walked up to the desk. Percy remained silent which was strange. The receptionist gave him a quick eye before turning her attention to Hazel.

"Hi, how can I help you today?" She asked her, ignoring Luke and Frank. Percy sniffed the air and started grinning. He pulled Yggdrasil and Baninir free. His armor seemed to instantly form a mechanical ideal as a faceplate of armor came seemingly out of the neck of his suit and formed a very Iron Man style helmet. There it was, the best description anyone would get of Percy's platinum chaotic armor. An Iron Man that had black wings instead of jet thrusters.

"Yo Perce what's up?-" A faint whistle came from the air pressure caused by a lightning fast movement by the receptionist. Luke looked down to notice a sharp blade at his throat. He slowly raised his hands realizing that if she wanted to, he'd be dead straightaway. Percy was no doubt harboring a shit eating grin inside that helmet of his.

"Amazons do not tolerate men who speak out of place." The receptionist hissed at him. Luke simply nodded.

"You, you're different. What makes you smell different than these two?" She asked. Percy noticed a hello name-tag that read Kinzie.

Percy answered her by flashing directly behind her and pushing the knife away from Luke's throat with incredible ease. Kinzie went wide eyed and kneeled.

"I'm sorry my lord, I had no idea that you were a God." She said with a bowed head. A God? She must have believed him to be so because of his insane power.

"I am no God. I am the Champion of Chaos, the primordial God slash Goddess of creation and the void, though that last one was kind of inherited. My name is Percy Jackson, I am the son of Odin." Percy was beginning to get an extensive title, he'd need to think of a way to optimize it so that he could say it all clearly. Kinzie rose to her feet and found the courtesy of finding out the others as well.

"Luke Castellan, son of Mercury, I'm actually just on probation for the legion." He told them with a frown. He couldn't help but feel like there was a lot more to it than that, something big.

"Frank Zhang, son of Mars Ultor, newly appointed centurion of the fifth cohort."

"Hazel Levesque. I'm a daughter of Pluto wouldn't you know." She said with a sigh as she realized how much she hated telling people that.

"Come, Hylla will want to meet you all."

"Hylla as in the queen of the Amazons? Oh I get it now. I am incredibly daft." Percy started to ramble on.

"It wasn't difficult Perce, I figured it out the moment she ignored us." Luke nudged Percy in the ribs.

"She didn't ignore me." Percy shot a smirk back at Luke.

"It's true, aside from smelling different and basically having waves of power rolling off of him, he's actually attractive, how could I not look?" Kinzie asked them innocently.

"Careful lady, he's spoken for." Luke responded edgily. Percy hadn't remembered telling him that? What was Luke up to? Percy raised his eyebrow at the son of Hermes.

"What? She's cute, I can't have you steal the show all the time." Luke whispered back, obviously thinking he was clever.

"I heard that. One more comment and I'll put you in irons like the rest of these men." Kinzie said without a single trace of sarcasm tainting her voice, then they all noticed the 'workers'. Slaves would be a more appropriate term.

"Well, you're clearly BDSM lovers, let's hurry up and get on with this, I'm going to go ahead and talk to Hylla, see you guys later." Percy laughed as he flashed away instantly, leaving a stunned Kinzie to take out her annoyance on the other two boys.

"Does he do this regularly?" She asked, clearly aggravated. Without missing a beat, all three heroes answered in perfect harmony. "All the freaking time."