Chapter 61

The End Of The End

The Void

"You cannot expect me to believe that you would destroy your loved ones!" Odin's wrath was building. He had tried desperately to get through to Perseus and calm Armageddon down, but the simple fact remained that with all of the chaos around them, the God of the Apocalypse was just being pushed further into an insatiable blood lust. Now it was Artemis' turn to bring him back to who he needed to be.

"Percy listen to me!" She shouted; her chariot rose high into the air, beckoning the God to join her on even ground. Slowly but surely the God rose above the ground. The powerful midnight black wings shone throughout the void. The empowering black armor covered his body completely save for the helmet that Perseus had savagely ripped off in an attempt to get through on his own terms.

"My name is not Percy." Armageddon's voice came out as nothing more than a simple whisper at this point. He was shocked beyond belief that someone could be so powerful, that someone could have such a magnificent power over an individual, but here he was, shocked by her beauty and soothing voice. He'd heard it for all of his immortal life, and at the important part of his mortal life as well. When the darkness covered his eyes and the blood lust came back, there was always a constant ring of soothing that couldn't quite take over, something that remained constant and refused to give up. Could it have been this very silver eyed Goddess before him.

"Aphrodite? No that's not right, what was her name?" Armageddon uttered in a confused flurry. Artemis pouted briefly before realizing that the Armageddon before her was simply not the annoying Greek aspect of her soon to be husband, but a very confused God that knew nothing of what he used to be. This was a man that was trying to match her very own beauty to what he knew of the Gods, and even in the state that he didn't know who she was, he thought that she was as beautiful as the Goddess of love.

"Athena? No, not nearly as annoying. Silver, think of silver, comeon!" He argued with himself, racking his brains, making himself seem far more insane that even Galo had managed. Artemis looked on in hope, hope that her fiancé could break through the hold that had been put over him. Suddenly the weary eyed God looked up.

"Artemis..." The champion of Chaos whispered before the purple streak faded from his hair and the black armored figure fell from the sky. Without grace he smashed right into the ground and created a crater of impressive size.

Artemis let out a breath that she didn't know she had been holding. Finally she had been able to break through to him. Honestly she expected that it was going to take her an incredible amount of persuading and soothing him through the anger before he finally calmed himself. She never knew that he was capable of erasing immortals from existence. That had put an entirely new edge on things, but what had she been expecting? He was after all, the God of the Apocalypse.

The four riders would not have taken such an interest in him if he was not as truly powerful as he had shown himself to be today. With a sigh, Artemis dropped gracefully from her chariot and came to a stop right above the precipice of the crater that Perseus' defeated body lay in. The armor had recalled itself and revealed a strikingly handsome King of Asgard. His raven hair was swept back and his eyes were dim and weary but somehow still glowed with an incredible sea green tinge to them.

With a sigh Artemis decided to investigate him more thoroughly. As she got closer she could see the physical heat rising from his skin before it rescinded then rose again. He was venting all of that anger and frustration that had come along with him when he was forced into this state of array. The Apocalypse was a taxing thing, even to a God, but mankind was not yet ready to be judged, not until they were on even ground with their Gods and heavens.

Artemis knew that this was just the start of things though. The Fallen Angel would never get a break in his immortal life until they ripped out the trouble at it's source. The Four Horsemen, they were their next objective and after that they would finally trace the being responsible for all of this carnage. Who could possibly have such a hatred that they would want Perseus to destroy their world?

"Perseus, can you hear me?" Artemis' voice was incredibly timid, but given the situation she had a right to be. He was barely able to lift his head. He been fighting them all physically for quite some time, and then he had been fighting mentally. Not just against Armageddon but against the rising tide of anger that threatened to consume him completely. They all knew that if Perseus gave into the rage, that there would simply be no stopping him. Chaos could not interfere and while Odin had once been at least on par with his son, the question remained in the worried minds of the inhabitants of Asgard; could he bring himself to destroy his son for the sake of the universe? Many believed that Odin would rather throw his life away and claim that he'd tried, claim that there was nothing he could do against the near unstoppable power that his son possessed.

And nobody would be able to say anything different, because after all was said and done, Perseus Jackson, the son of Odin, had achieved many things in his thus far short life, but he had also gained incredible power, and everyone was aware that power changed people. If it were not for a certain silver eyed Goddess to be the soothing voice to calm down the infinite rage that welled inside of his mind, then there was a very real threat that Percy could have gone on to destroy everything that they had strived towards.

"Artemis..." Percy whispered as he pulled the Goddess into a tight hug. "I'm here." She whispered back as she embraced the man she had come to love. The man that opened her eyes. The Greek aspect of his had changed him vastly, she did not any longer claim him to be perfect, but he was still a better man than many, and after all was said and done, after all he had done for her, she still loved him all the same.

"I love you." He told her with all of his heart and passion put into those single words. That also helped her a lot.