Chapter 79

Mortal Coil

How had they ended up in this situation? Artemis slowly trailed behind the man that she had fallen in love with. She kept a close eye on his back, the way that his shoulders moved and swayed with the muscles of his entire body in a perfect rhythm got her thinking about things that weren't exactly appropriate to be thinking about in their situation.

The two of them had such little power that they were instead parading around as mortals in a world where it was common knowledge that the Gods were thriving. It was a time paradox that they were stuck in where Artemis' even colder and far more ruthless of herself was the top dog of Hunting and because of Death's stupid trap, far more powerful that the modern Artemis.

All Percy had available to him was his loud mouth axes, she doubted he had any creationary power available and she could already tell that he had little destructive power at all. How much strength he would be able to conjure as the King of Asgard was another story. The though of Armageddon making an appearance had also occurred to her. She wasn't sure how well that would go down, especially if they were surrounded by other Gods. He'd probably demand his own seat on the council.

"Screw Alucard, screw Ten, especially screw those damn Horsemen, but most of all, screw this damn heat! I'm Norse, not some other culture of the desert climates!" Percy shouted in frustration as he swathed away some sand that had been kicked up around him.

"What, like Greek? That 'culture' that your other half is a God of?" Artemis asked him with a raised brow.

"Other half as in?" Percy queried, unsure of whether she'd meant herself or Armageddon, as they were both actually his other half, just in different ways.

"Either, both, does it matter? We're both Greek, to some extent at least, so stop whining, I doubt the idiot would complain this much." She sighed heavily. Percy had been fairly non stop about the heat for the hours that they'd been in the past. They were both marching away from the city of Troy. Percy had wanted to just wait it out and see who would come to their side, if that was even a possibility. If it wasn't, then they'd have to 'wait out' the whole of history anyway.

With a flash of purple light that ended in his eyes, Percy stood with a confused look on his face, "Wha- where am I? And why is it so god damn hot around here?" Armageddon wheezed, shielding his eyes from the sun as he looked skywards.

"Dear anti-christ of Olympus! Who the fuck gaze Apollo a crate of Red-Bull!?" He almost fell to his knees when he saw how glaringly bright the sun was. A flash of platinum was the sure sign that Percy had returned.

"You really think that Armageddon would be mature in a situation where he could get away with ANY whining? That's the first he's said in a while and now he's silent again." Percy groaned internally. He finally gave a small glance towards his fiancé. She seemed far more complacent as of recently and he wasn't quite sure why.

"What?" The sands were once again swept skywards with even the smallest of breezes that gently yet gracefully flowed towards them.

"We're stuck in the past, damn near powerless with only each other to rely on in order to get out of this sticky situation, I just think it's got the potential to be a little romantic, don't you think?" She asked him with the faintest beginnings of a smile working its way across her pink lips.

Percy regarded her cautiously for a second or two, "I think it's got the potential to be a bloody nightmare." He smirked, seeing the pout she'd given him. It didn't last long though as he quickly pulled her towards him and planted a chaste kiss on her lips.

"But whether its a nightmare or a walk through the park, we'll be going through it together and that's all I really care about." He smiled genuinely, resting his face in the crook of her neck. He sensed her initial surprise but only nestled further when he felt a hand on the back of his head.