Chapter 83

Where It All Began

Pain. Overwhelming pain shot out across his entire body. He couldn't isolate it and he couldn't figure the cause. When he opened his eyes it was gone, all of it gone without any trace that it was ever there. His limbs didn't hurt, he wasn't short of breath, just a vague memory of what pain was.

"The hell...?" He whispered, looking around as he did so. He was wearing jeans and a tightly fitting blue t-shirt with a random logo on it that he'd never seen before.

He was standing in front of the very same garage that he'd encountered a cyclops in, right before he'd met Artemis for the first time in his life. What the hell was he doing here? He couldn't help but feel weak, like there wasn't enough power volting through his veins. What had really happened to him? His senses were all going into overdrive. Just in front of him he saw a cyclopse come barrelling out of the entrance to the garage, it's one eye honed in right on him.

"Did I get sent back in time?" He asked himself, paying little mind to the cyclops that was fast approaching him. He had nothing to worry about, he could kill this monster with no more than a thought.

"Maybe, but it didn't hurt when I fell into Death's time trap-that's a big fist." Percy got sidetracked right before the cyclops meaty knuckles crashed right into his torso, sending him rocketing straight into a tree a dozen feet behind where he'd been standing.

There was so much force behind it that his body had broken bark off the tree and even sent a crack going halfway up the tree itself. An impressive feat for a cyclops.

"OK, that REALLY hurt, which should not be possible." He spat, breathing heavily.

"Sent back in time AND robbed of my damn power. So I'm at mortal level once again huh? Alright then." He muttered. He could feel eyes on him, presences that seemed to be doubling in number every few seconds. Now, if that happened to be a certain band of merry misandrists then perhaps he was right and he really had been sent back in time.

Chaos had been right, Abaddon must have been beginning his attack where it would hurt the most, by getting rid of Percy entirely by sending him back in time. A constant loop where he would be trapped forever, never to break free unless he could work back up and find some way to get to Chronos and force that time meddling bastard to send him back.

"But first this fucking cyclops." He whispered, holding his hand out to his side. He could still feel that throb in his body when he did that so at least he still had his axe. The cyclops began to charge once more, pushing on with impressive speed in the dozen feet between them.

Before he could bring his hand down on Percy the prince had his axe in hand, swinging upwards sending a tirade of lightning skywards, assaulting the atmosphere with a hail of bright energy. That was sure to have gotten the Gods attention if nothing else.

But if he was back where he started then a meeting with the Gods was what happened next anyway. He let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding before crawling onto the ground with a slight giggle.

"It's been so long since I had to put this much effort into killing... Well, anything." He laughed hysterically. The thrill of the fight had almost been lost to him.

Oh he was so going to enjoy killing Abaddon when the time came. He wondered if he still held all of his titles or whether he'd have to get them back, perhaps he'd decline Apollo's drinking challenge this time around, and miss pretty much most of the others if he could help it. King of Asgard and Prince of the Universe were good enough for him.

Dominator of Time might have been quite a fun one though. Wait, he was already a lord of time because of his brief stint in Tartarus with Kronos, perhaps that was how he was able to sense that he'd been flung through time.