9- stances

JIN 

"Why did you say yes?!" Alibaba kept on rumbling on why this was a bad idea. How I didn't know Sharrkan enough to fight him. I wanted to tell Alibaba about my powers, but then I would to explain why I don't use them anymore. It had already been two days since I agreed to fight Sharrkan. 

"Sharrkan is like strong!" He warned continuing to talk. "I couldn't say no," I replied shortly. Alibaba and I were on a walk around the palace. It has been a day since I accepted the request to fight one of the generals. "Why couldn't you?" He asked and turned to me. His eyes said all that he didn't want to say. He was worried and confused. For someone who lived with all of Fairytail, I sucked at noticing other's behavior and emotions. "Because of pride," I answered truthfully, I wan't lying, but I wasn't saying the full truth. I wasn't going to tell him that I was a dragon slayer. 

"Pride?" He looked confused and stood there. I didn't know what to say or do. 

"What are you doing here Alibaba?" A girl with red hair asked. I looked at her and saw what she was wearing. She was shoe less. That was I really noticed. "Also is this the girl you and Aladdin were talking about?" She said pointing at me and stared at me with a wondrous look. "Yes, this is Jin," He introduced me. I waved and let out a small smile. "My name is Morgiana, it is nice to meet you," She said and bows. 

"We just having a walk, if you want you can join," I asked her, I wanted Alibaba to forget about earlier, also it wouldn't hurt to make a new friend. 

"I would have liked to, but I have training with Masrur, you could ask Hakuryuu though." With that she excused herself and walked past us. "Oh, we could ask him," Alibaba said and grabbed my wrist and ran. "Hey!" I shouted at the sudden change of pace. "We are going to the training grounds to see Hakuryuu!" Alibaba answered as we rushed down the outdoor hallways. Training ground? I suddenly felt happy and scared at the same time. I haven't been a training ground since the Grand Magic Games. "I promise he's nice," He said looking back at me. "Just take me there walking," I sassed. 

-~- 

"Nice to meet you, Miss Jin," Hakuryuu softly said and bowed. I touched his shoulder. "Please just call me Jin, I'm not that old," I insisted. The black-haired male sheepishly smiled. 

"Now that you have met, Jin do you want to train with us?" Alibaba proposed as Hakuryuu takes a couple of steps back. Confused I look at Alibaba. "Wait? Did you do this on purpose to help me train for Sharrkan?" I asked and perked up my brows for the full effect. Alibaba giggled and rubbed the nape of his neck. "Maybe?" He answered as I took a peak to Hakuryuu, he disappeared. "You should have told me earlier, I would have said yes!" I scold him. "Let me guess, you asked Morgiana and Hakuryuu to help you to convince me to train." He nods and lightly laughs. "Spot on Jin," He confessed what his plan was. 

It was cute that it wanted to help me prepare for the fight. I smile at him and get into a fighting stance. "Shall we?" I asked. 

"We shall," He said, getting ready with a stance. "Don't be scared to hit me because I'm a girl," I pointed out as I smirk. Here's the thing, just like Natsu, my attitude changes once in a fight, doesn't matter how serious it is. "Hand to hand combat right?" I asked, not ever moving from my stance. 

"Are you sure?" He asked innocently. I nodded in response. 

"Jade Dragon Slayer : Percentage: 10" I mutter under my breath. I take the first attack and ran close to him and swiftly take his arm and yanked in down. He reacted quickly and tried to yank his arm up as I drag it down. The force of us both moving his arm caused strong ring of wind to push out. He then took this opportunity to catch me off guard. He punches me on my side and as I react to the punch, he took his leg and swung it under me. I fell to the floor with a thud. I groaned in the slight thumbing on my side. 

"Good game," He said, getting too cocky in his luck. I took this as an invitation and grabbed his shoulders and kneed him in the middle of his stomach. Then as he doubles over, I take the sole of my foot and kick down his head to the ground. A crash sound could be heard from a far. He looked up and sighed in defeat. 

"Ouch, you didn't have to go so hard," He groaned and held his head in his hands. "I didn't," I replied. "You shouldn't judge me by my appearance," I said as I help him to the nearest bench. "You should fight like that when you fight Sharrkan, but like ten times more stronger," Alibaba stated as he turned his neck and winced in the pain from his head and neck. "I shouldn't have gone too far," I blurted as I felt guilt from hurting Alibaba. 

"Just promise me you will use all your power to fight Sharrkan so he'll know to leave you alone," He asked. I hesitated to answer since I told myself I would never truly use my powers to the fullest extent, only use a small percent of it. I had to lie, I have to. 

"Of course, I promise."