Chapter Eight

I stayed in my room most of the next day.

Moving was to tiering.

So I just sat in the window seat.

I didn't even have the energy to play today.

Sketch pad open in my lap I sat staring off into space.

Not a single drop of inspiration.

I moved my pencil to the page.

Not caring enough to pay attention I stared out the window as my pencil moved across the page.

A while later I looked down at the paper.

I had drawn a border of leaves and flowers around a blank spot in the center.

Something needs to go there.

But what?

When you lose something

It hurts

I lost something I never had

And yet it

hurts twice as bad

I wrote the words in a swirling script.

Quickly I grabbed a pen and inked over the words and the lines of the border.

Rummaging through my desk drawers I found an old water color set Benny had given to me for my birthday a few years back.

I tried to ignore the ach in my chest as I grabbed a water cup and some brushes.

The paint ended up being just what it needed.

I left the torn out page on my desk to dry and headed out of my room. I went out onto the back porch and stood on the little wicker table, quickly using it as a step to get to the roof.

I climbed over the mini peak and on to the flat part at the front of the house.

Sometimes I think about jumping off.

But I know that it's only high enough to break a few bones.

Not the full desired effect.

I laid back on the edge, letting one of my legs dangle over the side, looking up at the sky.

"Oh my god!"

I jumped, nearly falling over the edge of the roof.

"Oh my god!" The high pitch voice practically screamed again as I struggled to regain my balance.

I looked over the edge to see Mia, heart shaped sunglasses in hand, pointing up at me.

"Do you need something blondie?"

Benny came running up behind her.

"Do you need something?" He asked rudely "no one was even talking to you and your already bothering my girlfriend again."

What the hell?

"Excuse me?"

"Seriously Eliza? Don't be a bitch for no reason."

I scoffed. "I wasn't being a bitch. I was simply enjoying the day when Your girlfriend started screaming and pointing at me. Don't start acting like this because I asked why she was screaming."

Benny rolled his eyes.

"But you asked in a bitch voice." He said harshly.

"Call me a bitch one more time and I go down there and beat your ass Rodriguez." I laid back down on the edge.