Chapter 14: Why?

My jaw almost dropped when I heard what he told me. I wanted to ask for the reason behind all of these but no words could come out of my mouth. I'm dumbfounded, flabbergasted, baffled.

He opened the paper bag in front of me and placed the food on my desk. "Eat." He said as he placed the pizza near my face. Why is he doing this to me? Why is he feeding me?

I pursed my lips in a thin line and glared at him. "Where's your girlfriend?" I asked him sharply.

He looked up at me and his jaw tensed. "Not here." He replied but the pizza was still in the air.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Then, what are you doing here?" I asked again.

He pursed his lips before letting out a deep breath. "I don't think I need to be everywhere she is." He replied and was still persistent on feeding me the pizza.

I scoffed. "Yeah, right! When you were dating me, you'd want to be everywhere I go, everywhere I am." I unconsciously blurted out.

His eyes widened a little as he bit his lip. It's like he's preventing a smile from creeping out of his lips. "Yes. Before. When I was dating you." He replied. "She's not you, though."

My heart started to beat faster than normal once again. His last four words seemed to have poured warm water in my heart that it makes me soften.

I thought of the right words to reply but I couldn't find some. My mind is clouded because I know that I love what he's doing for me right now. I want to go back to when we were happy. I want to go back to when we were in love.

"Please eat, Eunhye." He said. "You look really thin."

There was desperation in his voice that made me open my mouth, making him feed me that damned pizza. I hate that I would always succumb to what he wants. I hate that I would always give in to him no matter how many times I tell myself not to.

I want to be stronger. But how can I when I know that my strength and weakness are one?

He smiled weakly when he fed me the pizza. "Good girl." He uttered as he fed me more. He wiped the corner of my lips with his thumb and my eyes widened in shock.

"I missed doing this." He said as he fed me the last pieces of what he bought. I can't believe I finished everything!

"Jongin," I trailed. "You don't have to do this." I told him.

He gazed at me with his intense stare. "I want to do this." He replied.

I frowned at him. "But you have Gil Raya." I insisted. "This is wrong. You hate me, remember?" Oh, how can I push him away?

He held my face and brushed his thumb on my cheek. "I never told you that I hate you, Eunhye. When have I told you that?" He asked.

My heart melted when I heard his soothing voice. My lips are trembling. "You said you don't want to see me ever again." My heart breaks whenever I imagine his face as he told me those words.

He pursed his lips in a thin line. "I still didn't say I hate you." He replied as he stared at me with so much carefulness.

"But you don't want to see me ever again." I blurted. "You don't want to see me ever again but you're here, buying me pizza, feeding me, caressing my cheek. You're here in front of me in flesh! I don't know, Jongin. I'm confused of your actions."

He stared at me uttering me those words. He nodded and sighed. "Me, too, Eunhye." He told. "I'm confused of what I'm going to feel. I want you gone but I want to be with you right by the next minute. One second, I want you gone but I regret everything I said on the next." His eyes twinkled when he said those words. "And I missed you. I miss you so much and it's killing me more because I could only see you from afar every single damn time."