Chapter 8: Your Girlfriend

It wasn't that bad after all. I just needed some time to adjust to the new atmosphere but I'm getting by. My members are all bringing about happy vibes so, I'm happy. At least I can be even for a moment.

"Who wants pizza for snacks?" Hyuna asked everyone in the room.

Almost everyone raised their hands and the boys even shouted, "All on you?"

Hyuna rolled her eyes. "I won't ask if it wasn't, dummy!" She told Changseob who asked the loudest.

I chuckled on my seat as I reviewed the new applicants for the company. I'm just too happy to be one with them. Being in one company with Kim Jongin was bad enough, having ill-mannered members would've made it worse.

Changseob stuck his tongue out. "Buy a lot then!" He beamed earning a glare from Hyuna.

Sohyun smiled and looked at me. "Miss Eunhye, what else would you need?" She asked me.

I smiled back. "I'm happy with the pizza." I replied.

They all nodded. Hyuna called the pizza house to order and have it delivered to the building. Changseob said some jokes that we all laughed at. Maybe this is what I needed the most, I need a breather from all the stressors in my life—my parents, Kim Jongin, my heart.

I interviewed five applicants for the newest secretarial positions open in the company. It wasn't a hard thing to do because I love asking questions and knowing more about people. I wouldn't love this job if it wasn't my passion.

"Thank you." I told the last one as she smiled and left.

I nodded at her and wrote my comments on her file. All the people I have interviewed have potentials. They are very welcoming and they seem to be so joyful yet serious when they need to be.

I looked at the wall clock. It's already three in the afternoon.

I checked my phone for updates. I received four new messages.

From: Kim Ashin

Are you free tonight? Let's hang out. Just us girls.

From: Kwon Jaeun

Hang out tonight? G?

From: Kim Hana

The girls have probably told you. Let's go?

From: Nildex

There is a company dinner happening tonight at Hotel McBride. All employees are required to come to the dinner as ordered by the management. See you there, friends!

I narrowed my eyes at the message from the company. All employees are required to come? Since when had they gotten the right to require one to come?

I am itching to respond to the text. Why didn't I know it? As the Human Resource department head, I should have known it beforehand. I have been working here for about a week now and I can see how they just disregarded me over this matter which I am very much related to.

I stood up and went back to my desk where my members are all looking at me. I narrowed my eyes at them all.

"Is there a problem?" I asked innocently.

They shook their heads but their faces say otherwise.

"Miss Eunhye, the CEO is calling you." Sohyun was the one who divulged the news.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "The CEO?" I asked again to confirm what I just heard.

They all nodded.