Chapter 9: Not Now

I couldn't calm down. I am not in the mood for anything. When I walked inside the office, everyone looked at me but no one ever dared to talk to me. I went straight to my desk to review on the files of the applicants I interviewed today.

My heart is aching as usual, but the intensity of the pain right now is excruciating. I'm praying for the time where I will be immune to this intensity of pain. I hope it comes soon before I lose my mind.

I love Jongin. Of course, I do. I can't imagine the day I won't. Even though he's killing me with what he's showing me right now, I still love him. But I also realized one thing.

I don't possibly have to be with the person I love. Sometimes, loving someone brings in too much pain that would require distance in order to save oneself from impending self-destruction. Sure, I love him but if this love would hurt me, then I'd rather let go.

He has someone else now. I guess, that's the only reason I need to let go of him.

I don't want to be miserable. I don't want to love while hurting. Like I said, I'm no martyr.

My phone vibrated.

From: Nildex

Are you still in the office?

I narrowed my eyes at the text. What would I even do? Do I have to respond?

From: Nildex

Sorry. This is Kim Jongdae. ;)

I felt so relieved when he said it was Kim Jongdae. Although, I can't be so sure, I am somehow calmed. I still didn't respond, though. What does everyone want from me?

"Are you going straight to the dinner later, Miss Eunhye?" Hyuna asked me.

I smiled and shook my head. "I'm going home to change." I am not comfortable with my office attire. I need to change into something more loose.

Hyuna smiled. "Well, then, we'll see you there, Miss Eunhye!" She waved as she got her bag and went out together with Changseob and Sohyun.

Eunkwang, Sungjae and Jiyoon left earlier for the field work they are about to polish tomorrow. They all said that they would see me later.

I would. If I decided to come.

"It's now five o'clock PM." The digital clock notified.

I took a deep breath and started to fix my things. I am going home. There's no need to stay any longer. My principle at work is to always go home on time. People who indulge into overtime aren't effective for me. So, as much as possible, I am always leaving the office on time.

I was about to enter the elevator when my heart fell straight to the ground.

Inside the elevator were Kim Jongdae, Kim Minseok, Kim Jongin and Gil Raya. She's clinging onto Jongin's arm like she would never ever let it go.

I looked down and stayed on my post. I am not planning on getting into one elevator with Jongin and his new girl. I am fine with them being together but I couldn't stomach being with them.

The elevator door was about to close when I heard Gil Raya call out Jongin's name.

I looked up and was surprised to see Jongin standing in front of me. He's still wearing a black suit and his disheveled hair.

He stared at me. "Why didn't you get in?" He asked.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What?" I don't know why he's asking me these questions but I believe that he doesn't have to ask.