Chapter 28: Going Down

It's been three days since Jongin broke up with Raya. It's the most painful way to break up with a girl. He cheated on her and now, he's the one with the guts to break up with her. She should be hurt but I'm not even feeling guilty of what happened to her.

At first, maybe I am. But right after watching her on television, I realized that she's one hell of a lunatic who's so in love with a guy. She's too in denial that she couldn't process some facts anymore.

Too pathetic if one might ask.

I don't know if I should laugh or what. Gil Raya just announced to the world that she is getting married to Jongin. For once, I know that she is lying because I am with Jongin right now, unlike what she's telling the whole world.

I'm not in doubt of what Jongin feels for me. From everything that he has shown me, I know how sincere he is. I know that he loves me. That gets no question from me.

Mom stared at me in the morning with a glow on her face. Why is she even smiling at me at a morning like this? Did something good happen? I'm curious.

"You're going to work?" She asked.

I narrowed my eyes at her then looked at my outfit. I'm not wearing office clothes. I'm wearing gym clothes because Jaeun asked me to come with her in her gym session today.

"Gym." I replied.

She nodded at me. "Someone came by last night." She started.

I stared at her and waited for her answer. My eyes directed to her, scared of who came. Is it Jongin?

"Who?" I asked because she's taking too much time in finishing her work.

She smiled at me widely. "Your boyfriend." She replied.

I narrowed my eyes. "Name?"

Or maybe I am the one who's in denial. It's probably Jongin but I better hear what he said.

"Kim Jinwoo." She replied.

I tried my hardest to not drop my jaw on the floor. Jinwoo? Kim Jinwoo? My boyfriend?!

She chuckled and walked near me. "I am so proud of you!" She beamed and even motioned to hug me but I stepped back.

These days, I feel like I don't like seeing my mom. When I see her, I feel like I want to explode and get mad. Is it because I am finally womaning up for my stand?

"He said he will come here later." Mom doesn't seem to see how I am not fond of her today. Or maybe I have never been fond of her.

I took a deep breath and stared at her. "Mom, he's not my boyfriend. Cut it out." I think I may have sounded so mean because I can her face got distorted.

She stared at me, as if she's waiting for me to tell her that I am kidding, that Kim Jinwoo is really my boyfriend. But it will never come.

I don't know what's going on inside Kim Jinwoo's head or if he has gone completely crazy to even have the guts to tell my mom that we are in a relationship.

"I have a boyfriend but it's not Jinwoo. It's his brother. Kim Jongin." I spoke not even a bit nervous. I know that sooner or later, I would be admitting everything that has gone down between me and Jongin. So, maybe, I should try starting being honest with my mother.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Jongin?" She asked with a hint of disbelief in her voice.

Now, I'm in panic. Kim Jongin is known to be Gil Raya's fiancé. I'm sure Mom and Dad are aware of that because they are huge fans of Nildex. What do you think is the reason why they wanted me to apply to Nildex anyway?