Chapter 50

Sandman rises up on his cloud of sand to control everything, bringing back beautiful dreams to children. The Tooth Fairies can fly again, so they each dash over to touch a tooth-box. Sophie, Jamie's sister, watches the  tooth fairies. "Pretty," she says reaching out to them. Someone touches my shoulder and I look back to see Jack, grin on his face. "'Pretty' indeed," he says, pulling me close. I can't help but blush at what he said.

I watch as Cupcake touches a Nightmare and it becomes her Unicorn dream again, cantering around the hill. Then gigantic dinosaurs walk through the town, manta rays and dolphins 'swimming' alongside them, plus schools of fish. Jamie is about to touch them when Jack throws a snowball at his back. Jamie laughs and picks up a snowball to fire back. He hits Monty, and the kids have another free-for all. Sandman descends to the ground as North approaches Jack.

"Your center?" North asks, placing his hand on his shoulder. Jack looks at him, before looking at me. I nod in response, and he looks back over to Jack. "Well, it took a while, but I figured it out. Along with some help." He grabs my hand and pulls me close again.

North tosses him his own carved wooden 'baby' for the center of a nesting doll, and Jack smiles and let's go of me to catch it. North winks at Jack, then looks stunned as he was hit by a snowball. Caleb and Claude blame an elf standing next to them as they rush off laughing.

"Haha! You're all on Naughty List! Bunny! Think fast!" He shouts as he pelts Bunny in the face, which actually makes Bunny smile when he sits up. I look around, smiling at all the happy faces, as Jack can't help but play Along

The snowball fight continues as Pitch stands up. "No..." He ducks from a Dream-sand Manta-ray, looking aroind frantically. "You dare have fun in my presence?! I am the Boogeyman! And you will fear me!" He shouts, rushing towards the kids. Jamie runs right through him, and Piych stops in his tracks, feeling himself. "No! Oh... No..."

[The Guardians look on as Pitch becomes horrified, then bolts for the forest. We follow him as North uses his globe. Pitch crashes into North as they all stand on the frozen lake, falling to the ground. "Leaving the party so soon?" North asks, looking down on him.

"You didn't even say goodbye," Tooth says, tossing him a quarter. Piych snaches it in midair, looking at it. "A quarter?"

Tooth punches Pitch in the teeth, mocking one out. I cover my miuth, holding in a sneer. "And that's for my fairies," Tooth says as A few of the fairies twitter in response.

"You can't get rid of me," Pitch shouts. "Not forever! There will always be fear!" North takes a step forward, crossing his arms. "So what? As long as one child believes, we will be here to fight fear."

Pitch smirks, looking around. "Really? Then what are they doing here?" Nightmares bray at the edges of the lake. "Haha! They can't be my Nightmares, I'm not afraid," North says, continuing to stare Pitch down.

"Looks like it's your fear they smell," Jack says, holding my hand. Pitch gasps and starts running, but the Nightmares pursue. "Oh no!" They drag him down to his lair and pull all of the leftovers of the bedpost into the hole with them. They cover the ground's opening with dirt as they drag him in. "No, don't! Ahh!! Nooo!!"

Jack and I look up at the moon as the clouds part with a knowing smirk. Tooth giggles and hugs Jack, then pulls herself away as Baby Tooth chastises her. Jack laughs.

North lools at the both if us as we smile at eachother. "Are you both ready now? To make it official?" The elf with the trumpet from earlier looks threatening. A yeti brings the book back from earlier too. We grab eachothers hands, nidding in unision. "Then is time you take Oath: Will you, Jack Frost, and (Y/N) (L/N), vow to watch over the children of the world?" North says as the children approach on the lake. "To guard them with your life - their hopes, their wishes, and their dreams, for they are all that we have, all that we are, and all that we will ever be."

Jack looks back to Jamie, who nods at him. Jamie does the same to me, and me and Jack look at eacjothet, Jack holding up our hands and nodding.

"We will."

"Then," Nortg starts, looking at us. "Congratulations, Jack and (Y/N)  - for you are now, and forevermore, Guardians!" Everyone else cheers, while North picks Jack up. Klassno! He kisses each of Jack's cheeks, then sets him back down before walkimg over to me and doing the same. When he sets me down, I shake my head jokingly.

An elf mimics North by kissing the grumpy trumpet-elf on the cheek, but the 2nd elf punches the 1st behind a Yeti's foot. I laugh out as tooth giggles

I notice the little fairies made a heart-shape out of themselves. "Keep it together, girls," Tooth says, making a heart out of her hands and putting me and Jack in it. I blush quickly and try to step away, but Jack quickly pulls me in. "Did anyone ever tell you you're adorable when flustered?" he asked. I could feel the heat on my own face even more and looked down before Jack lifted my head and kissed my forehead. "I guess not."

The kids cheer, then notice North's sleigh and reindeer approaching. "You guys, look! Santa's sleigh," Caleb calls out, getting everyone's attention. I look up and cover my eyes as the sun had already started rising from our right. "Did you guys see that?" Pippa asked, pointing.

Bunny walked over to North, who had his arms crossed, smiling at everyone. "Everyone loves the sleigh," Bunny said, nudging North with his elbow.

"Wow! Look at that sleigh!" the kids shouted, pointing at it. Jack wrapped his arm around my shoulder, and I held onto his hand as I wrapped my other arm around his waist. Nirtg looked at ys, smiling. "Time to go."

Sandman tosses sand-fireworks into the air. Bunny looked over to Sophie, surrounded by googies. "Happy Easter, ya little anklebiter. Gonna miss ya."

Sophie giggles before petting his nose. "Bye bye, Bunny." Jamie walked up to us, looking worried. "You're leaving? But what if Pitch comes back? What if we stop believing again? If I can't see you--"

Jack grabs his shoulder and crouchrs down infront of him. "Hey, hey. Slow down, slow down. Y-you telling me that you stop believing in the moon when the sun comes up?" Jack asks as I crouch down and put my hand in his other shoulder.

Jamie looks at both if us again, confused. I smile at him. "No..." Jack smiles again. "Okay, well do you stop believing in the sun when clouds block it out?" Jamie chuckles, shaking his head. "No."

Jack patted his shoulder, smiling at him "We'll always be there, Jamie. And now, we'll always be here," Jack says pointing where his hearr is. "Which kinda makes you a Guardian, too." He stands up and walks away, and I do the same.

"Jack! (Y/N)!" Jamie runs up and gives us a hug, stunning both me and Jack, but we soon return the hug.

All of the Guardians are on the sleigh when me and Jack hop on. Jamie steps on the wing real quick, handing me something. I look at it and smile. It's the exact same phone I lost a long time ago. "Keep in touch?" Jamie asks, pointing at the phone. I chuckle, shaking my head. "Will do, bud," I say, ruffling his hair.

Nortg flicks the reins, causing thr reaindeer ti move. "Hyah!" The sleigh takes off as the kids wave goodbye. I  take my hand from Jacks, unlocking the phone and turning the camera on. I put it in selfie mide, and start recording. Jack goes first.

"My name is Jack Frost and I'm a Guardian." I smilw at him before I say my name. "And im (Y/N) (L/N). I'm also a Guardian." "How do we know that?" Jack said, continuing. "Because the Moon told us so." I looked back at the camera. "So when the Moon tells you something," I said, looking iver at Jack and grabbing gis hand. We bith spoke the last word at the same time, causing a smile to srpread on iur faces.

"Believe it."

The End