Chapter 3

Previously

The last things that I remembered, was the laughing of that guy, screams, and the sounds of bells and hooves against the ice.

Now...

I awoke to find myself in a bed with what felt like 7 blankets atop me. I looked around, realizing I've never been in this place before. I stay quiet and listen to see if anyone is near me, and I hear mumbling coming from the other side of the door to my left. I slowly get out if bed, the coldness of the lake still deep in my bones. As I tiptoe over to the door, I hear shouts and commotion going on. As I'm about to open my door to take a peek, I hear something wiz pass the door.

I consider my chances, and open the door just a little. As soon as I see the comotion, I'm struck with awe. I open the door almost all the way to reveal a massive dorm room with flying toys, giant floating jellyfish, and more. I rush out of the room, amazed at the objects floating and flying. It seemed like it would've been something out of a fairy tale.

All of a sudden, I hear people calling my name, and a cold rush of air sweep over me. Everything glowed white as I stood there, smiling in amazement.

---Third Person POV---

As people crowded around to get the girl out of the water, Jack stood at the ridge of the woods, concerned and terrified for the girl. Even if he just met her, he was surprised when she didn't look through him, or rush through him when they were in the forest.

It was the other teens fault that she ran out onto the ice. And he would confront them, some how. As he looked onwards towards the crowd out on the ice trying to find the culprits, he realized that the man who pushed her in was amongst the crowd. He looked all over, trying to find Jack, and when his eyes landed on him, he smirked, and dissipated into black sand.

The crowd had finally got the girl out from the lake, with the help a few EMTs. The girls skin had a tint of blue to it, and frost and ice was formed a little on her clothes. The girl never breathed nor had she ever moved her body once since she dropped into the cold, freezing water.

As Jack stood there, wondering what was going to happen to the girl, he also wondered why she noticed him.

*****Later, First Person*****

I awoke, again, to find myself on a hospital bed, cables, tubes and needles attached to me. I realized that there was a person standing near me. I tried to squint to make out who it qas, but to no avail. The person left my room, and I closed my eyes because it hurt too much to keep them open.

I opened my eyes again to find my room snowing. Or what was snow inside my room. I heard a gasp, but before the person could speak, I closed my eyes again.

I opened my eyes once more, to find the snow still in my room, but a nother person in my room. They sat near the foot of my bed, where it was coldest. At this poont, I could sit up, so that's exactly what I did. As I sat up, the person at the foot of the bed stirred, startling me. They looked up, and that's when I knew who it was.

"Jack?" I asked, downright confused. He shot up, and grabbed a wooden staff. He rushed closer to the top of my bed, and grabbed the side of the bed. It made frost appear on the handle, which made me a little cold. He stated straight into my eyes as I looked into his.

"Can you see me?!" He asked in a somewhat hushed voice. I looked at him confused. "Of course I can. I always have." It was then his turn to have confusion on his face.

"Wait, what do you mean, 'I always have'?"

I didn't know that I could have a conversation like this with my imagination...

"Well, your my friend Jack. I wouldn't forget you." I looked at him, concern showing on my face. He was about to say somethinguntil a nurse came in with a clipboard and pen. As soon as she noticed I was awake, she gave me a warm smile.

"Oh, (Y/N)! Your awake! How you feelin?" She asked, handing me another warm blanket. I faked a smile and told her I was fine. I faked alot of smiles in my time. It wasn't too difficult. As well as telling people I'm fine. She asked me a few questions like what do I remember, how I got to that lake, and how i ended up in the water. I told her I didn't remember much, and she told me I could go home in a few days after good anayalization. She also told me I sprained my wrist, had a few cuts and bruises. But other than that, I was fine. 

And that I'll be out of here I no time.