Chapter 8

Previously:

I shot my head up, and looked at (Y/N), who shot her head up to look at North. Her eyes had a scared look to them, and recognition crossed her face.

She looked back to me as we both said the same thing. "Pitch?!"

Now...

North looked at both of us, concern on his face. "Yes. Why, do you know him?"

(Y/N) was the first to speak out of the both of us. "Do I know him? He practically tried to kill me!" Bunny, Tooth, Sandy and North stood up straighter and gave her a concerned look. North sighed before speaking again. "When Pitch threatens us, he threatens them as well. But it seems he already threatened (Y/N)."

I looked over to her again to see her practically shaking with fear. Me and tooth flew over to her to comfort her. I looked back at North, who had a concerend look on his face. He motioned to Bunny, who was talking with North.

"Jack, I think you should take her home," he said as I looked back to (Y/N), who was holding her sleeves way too tight. I looked back at North, and nodded. He walked over and handed me a snowglobe, and said (Your Address), then motions for me to toss it. I toss it down a hallway, and a portal appears. I grab (Y/N) from Tooth's arms, and lead her back to the portal.

She looked back at the room before we walked through. As soon as we were infront of her house, the portal closed. She turned and looked back at me, and tried to speak. "Hey, you good?" I asked. She looked down at the floor and nodded her head. She tried to pull on he sleeves of her hoodie, but before she could, I grabbed her hand. She gasped, either out of surprise, or from the cold. The heat from her hand radiated onto me, and I grasped her hand tighter.

"Hey, well find Pitch. He won't be able to scare you," I said, trying to comfort her. She just stood there, same expression on her face. I pulled her hand to my chest, but her sleeve fell to her elbow. My hand brushed against what felt like a lump on  her skin, but before I could check what it was, she pulled her hand back and covered it again.

"What was that, (Y/N)?" She just stood there, not answering. "(Y/N)?" I asked, starting to worry. I grabbed her hand again, and pulled her sleeve down. She gasped and tried to pull back, but I kept a firm grip on her arm. At this point, tears were falling down her face.

"Jack, stop it! Let me go!" I turned her arm over to reveal her wrist covered in scars. I stared blankly at her wrist as she stopped struggling. At this point, she couldn't stop her tears. "(Y/N), I-I didn't know that-" she cut me off, her voice cracking. "I didn't need you to know."

With that, she pulled her arm back, and ran to her door. Before I could follow her, a portal formed behind me, and Bunny poked his head through.

"We need your help. There's trouble at the tooth palace." He left me there looking at (Y/N)'s house and the portal. As I took a final look at her house before I went with Bunny, all the lights turned off, and I heard her start crying.

(Y/ N) pov.

I left Jack infront of my house as I ran to my room on the second floor. When I got into my room, I turned the lights off, vlosed and locked the door, and closed my window, pulling the curtains across the the window.

Yeah, I regretted doing stupid things to myself, but the pain was bearable. More bearable than the pain of my life itself. I charged my phone, and went to sit in the corner of my room.

The tears fell down, soaking my hoodie. I looked at the door, realizing that I'm making a stupid mistake. I stayed there for hours, possibly days not eating or drinking before I heard a slight knock on my door.