Chapter 30

Previously:

Flashback...

When I got back up, and came out of the tree line, I saw Jack and Amber standing next to eachother. As I got closer, Amber leaned in, wrapped her arms around Jack, and kissed him.

Now...

My heart broke and my heart tore at the realization.  And before I could tell him. The flight ment nothing, and my words wouldn't do anything. I tried not to believe it, to force it out of my mind.

I heard knocking on the door, but no other sounds. I leaned against it, sobbing.

"Jack, what are you doing?" I heard Amber say. Jack didn't answer, and I didn't hear anything else from the other side of the door as I walked and sat on the stairs.

I leaned my head against the wall and pulled the sleeves of my hoodie over my hands. I rested like that before the door opened and Amber came up to me.

I looked up at her before glaring at her.

"Hey, I'm sorry. You said you two weren't together."

I shook my head before running out of the house and back into the woods, this time, going past the lake. I kept running and running until finally I fell. I caught myself before I could hit the floor, and that's when it hit me.

I've been running ever since I can remember. And i didn't want to continue doing so. I wanted to stand up for myself.

"But how can I even do that if I can't fight any of my problems," I muttered to myself. I sat up, placing my hand on a boulder. The cold yet smooth surface of the boulder gave some little comfort, and I decided to sit on it.

I couldn't see anything, and the woods were silent. I took the time to think before I sighed and started walking in a random direction.

After awhile, the sky started getting brighter. I looked up on shock and panic. I've been out here this long, I asked myself. I kept walking, not really caring where I was going. To ease myself from the quiet, I plugged in my headphone to my phone, and started singing.

I lock myself in a hotel room
Been waiting all night for the walls to move
I've loved some girls that I barely knew
I've made some friends, and I've lost some too.

I kept my head down, nodding to the music as I kept walking. It was starting to get easier to see, but colder and colder.

Crashed my car, I was 17
My mother in the seat riding next to me
The things I've learned from a broken mirror
How a face can change when a heart knows fear
Through all the things my eyes have seen
The best by far is you.

I looked up and it was if everything was in slow motion. Everything but me, my music and my walking. The birds flew slowly, the trees swayed softly. It was something out of a movie.

If I could fly
Then I would know
What life looks like from up above and down below
I'd keep you safe
I'd keep you dry
Don't be afraid Cecilia
I'm the satellite
And you're the sky

I've cafe crawled through Amsterdam
I've been around the world with a punk rock band
And I've seen London, and I've played Japan
I've been knocked down, I got up again
For all the places I have been
I'm no place without you

If I could fly
Then I would know
What life looks like from up above and down below
I'd keep you safe
I'd keep you dry
Don't be afraid Cecilia
I'm the satellite
And you're the sky

I'm the satellite
And you're the sky

For all the things my hands have held
The best by far is you

If I could fly
Then I would know
What life looks like from up above and down below
I'd keep you safe
I'd keep you dry
Don't be afraid Cecilia
I'm the satellite
And you're the sky

And you're the sky

I'm the satellite
And you're the sky

And you're the sky

I looked up, the shadows of the trees dancing across my face.

(A/N) The song does not belong to me, and I'm also sorry that the chapter is really weird and messy....