Chapter 26- Reflection

Hinata's POV

It was Tuesday- the last day we were required to be on campus. Since the dance, Shikamaru and Ino have become official, and so have Sasuke and Sakura. Of course we were all happy for them. To everyone else, it seemed obvious that they get together but I guess they needed more time. Tenten complained that she was the only one left who was "not bound by a man," but I think she was just as happy for her friends as I was.

As for Sakura, she had recovered from her wounds and was feeling much better in general. What she went through wasn't easily shaken off, but Sakura's strong and doesn't let things get to her very easily. Besides, she had Sasuke to comfort her now. Karin had been expelled (the girls and I all had a giant celebration when we found that out) and Suigetsu had only been suspended, claiming that he was coerced into complying. While that didn't seem like justice enough, Sakura didn't seem to care too much about that, so we decided to feel the same way. I reflected on the past week and all of the crazy events that have happened. Really, this whole semester has been quite eventful.

I was painting the final touches on my giant paintnig of Konoha under my favorite tree overlooking the field. It was strange to see something I had worked so hard on in its comleted form. What was once a simple sheet of paper was now an intricately detailed work. Tenten, Lee, Kiba, and Neji were all playing a mini soccer game on one side of the field, while Naruto and Sasuke were hitting baseballs on the other side of the field. Shikamaru was retrieving the balls and throwing them back to the baseball players, although not willingly (Naruto had forced him to help). Sakura and Ino sat beside me, chatting adamantly while I worked.

As they talked, the rest of our friends began to join us from the field. 

"Boo!" I jumped at least a foot in the air. Naruto had snuck up behind me and scared me. 

"N-Naruto! You scared me!" I laughed.

He laughed, and pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head. "I'm sorry Hinata. Kiba dared me too."

Neji gave an angry and accusatory look to Kiba, who gulped.

"Alright, well, that's my cue..." Kiba left before Neji could have the opportunity to follow him. Lee hurried after him.

"Ready?" Tenten asked. "I'm starving! Plus, I haven't even remotely packed yet."

"Tenten!" Sakura exclaimed indignantly, and then smiled. "Ya, me neither. We need to eat fast. so we can pack"

Neji looked pretty annoyed. "You know we're driving up tomorrow at like, four in the morning right?"

Tenten looked like she was about to faint at that statement, and Shikamaru just sighed. "What a drag."

My friends all went to the dining hall. "You coming Hinata?" Sakura asked.

I smiled. "You guys go on ahead. I'll meet you there."

I continued painting under the tree for a few more minutes. I decided that there was just one thing missing. I found the miniature version of the very tree I sat under in my painting. Underneath it, I added eight people sitting beneath it. I smiled to myself. It was finally complete.

I ran to join my friends in the dining hall.