Chapter 1- Arrival

Tenten's POV

I sighed and stared out the plane window. I can't believe that my overprotective aunt is sending me, Tenten Takada, the complete opposite of refined, to the most prestigious boarding school in all of Japan. From what I'd heard about how boarding schools worked, I figured this school was for the extremely wealthy pricks of the world. I thus also assumed this would be the worst year of my life so far. I simply sat lost in thought for the entire plane ride to the city, thinking about a mix of subjects ranging from my parents to the food that better not suck at this place.

After seemingly forever, the flying tube of death had landed and I was in a cab set off to my new school in hell. When I arrived at the school, I was shocked at its size. This place could fit like, my entire home town within its gates. Ok. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but still. My last school was big, but this was colossal. I guess since kids live here it has to be this big maybe. I grabbed my suitcase and rolled it through the front gates and into the main building to meet the headmaster of the school.

On my way I passed a few kids reading, gossiping, and in the far distance I spotted kids playing soccer. OMG Yes! They better have a soccer team here. That would make this experience so much less excruciating.

I'm not trying to brag, but I am (and I cannot stress this enough) very good at soccer. At my old school, I was notorious for never missing a single shot taken. My accuracy was unparalleled.

As I entered the front of the building, I immediately spotted the head's office. I nervously adjusted my twin buns, and flattened out my wrinkled shirt in an attempt to look slightly smarter, but let's be real, that did nothing. I carefully knocked, and after several minutes, no one had answered. Huh. That's weird. I decided just to walk in. The scene in front of me was not one to be expected.

"Tsunade-sama, how many times do I have to tell you, you can't drink on the job anymore!" A woman with short dark brown hair groaned, trying desperately to take the sake bottle from a blond woman sitting behind the desk (who I assumed was Tsunade/the headmistress.)

"Oh come on Shizune, it's five o clock on a Sunday. I'm the headmistress and I can do what I want."

Not sure what to do, I asked, "Um, I'm sorry, am I interrupting something? Because if so... I'll just go..." I had one hand still on the doorknob ready to make my escape before the brown haired woman called me back.

"No no no! Please come in!" She smiled. "Are you Tenten? We've been expecting you."

I nodded. "Yes; it's nice to meet both of you. Um, I'm supposed to pick up my schedule and stuff?"

Tsunade clumsily grabbed a few papers off of her desk. "Yup. Hereyagosogoawaynowthanks."

"Tsunade-sama!" Shizune exclaimed, and then sighed, apparently giving up. She turned to me. "The top page is your schedule, and below is your dorm room number, 216. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, although the information may be a bit unreliable after 4pm if you catch my drift. Any questions?"

"Nope, I think I'm good!"

I paused. "Oh, wait, do you have a soccer team here?"

Shizune smiled. "Yes we do! You'll have to talk to Neji Hyuga about that. He's the team captain."

I nodded, ready to walk out the door. "Thank you!"

"Oh, and Tenten?" She called.

"Yes?"

"Welcome to Konoha High." She smiled at this last comment, and I smiled in reply as I walked out the door facing her direction.

Almost immediately, my movement was halted by a rather large mass.