Chapter 7- First Class Down!

Tenten's POV

"Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep."

Ugh will it ever stop?? I thought as I slammed my hand down on the snooze button.

"Um, Tenten?" A tiny and sweet voice called. "You might want to get up soon, breakfast is in half an hour."

Breakfast? Oh shoot! I almost forgot where I was for a second...

I shot up as I remembered that I actually had school today. Hinata was peering over my bed, already in her uniform. I quickly got up and dug through my suitcase to try and find the uniform. Of course, it was at the very bottom of the bag, all wrinkled up. I hopped in the shower, and within ten minutes, I was fully dressed and disgusted with myself.

"Ew, Hinata, am I wearing this right?" The uniform consisted of a dark green skirt, which I assumed was the school color, a white blouse with a dark green bow, and knee high socks. Overall, I was not vibing with it. Especially not the skirt part.

Hinata giggled. "Y-Yes, that's right Tenten. Now let's go down to breakfast."

I grunted and obeyed Hinata as we walked toward the dining hall. I desperately tried to pull the skirt down with every step.

When we finally had made it to breakfast and were sitting with the girls, Hinata and I decided to share schedules.

"Oh, we have 1st period and 4th period together, but that's all. I can at least help you get to those two classes though." Hinata said when she viewed my schedule.

"Hmm." I sighed. "Thanks. I'll just have to find someone else to help me with the rest of my classes then."

"Ooh. Let me see." Sakura said as she took my schedule from my hands. "Oh yay! I have 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th period with you! And my 3rd period is kind of close to yours, I can probably show you the way..."

I sighed in relief. "Thank you so much Sakura. Knowing me, I would never find my classes without it."

Finally realizing that our table was much quieter than last night, I asked, "Where are the guys?"

Ino responded. "Oh, they always sleep through breakfast."

Well I wish I had known that was an option. Oh well.

"But, while they're not here..." Ino continued. "This is the perfect opportunity to talk about the winter formal."

"Winter formal?" Sakura questioned. "Ino, that's like over a month away."

"Exactly, it's so close!"

The rest of us facepalmed.

"Um, well, what is that?" I asked.

"Oh here we go..." Sakura said.

"OMG." Ino began. "It's only like the most important dance of the year. It's held the last week of the semester after finals are over, and it's imperative that we all have dates."

"Um, is it?" I asked.

"Yes!"

Luckily, we were saved by the bell, and we all quickly got up and left toward our first period class (Homeroom/English) before Ino could continue on with her lectures.

We didn't walk into the classroom particularly early, but we were by far the first people there. Even when the start bell rang, only half of the classroom was full.

"Um, where is everybody?"I asked Hinata, who I had sat next to.

"Oh, Kakashi-sensei is always late." She explained. "Usually, class doesn't actually start until about 20 minutes from now."

"Oh. Huh."

"The perffffectttttt amount of time to finish our conversation!" Ino exclaimed. The rest of us groaned.

As Ino rambled on about what color would look best on all of us and when to go shopping, "I think you should stick with a warmer color Tenten..." and "Let's go shopping in two weeks so we have just enough time to find the perfect dress...." The class started filling up more and more, and after seemingly forever, the teacher finally entered.

"Uh, hello class. Today I'm planning on giving you a free day, but first we have a new student. Um, is there a Tenten here?"

I raised my hand tentatively. "Uh... ya, that's me." I said.

He waved me up. "Please come introduce yourself in front of the class."

Great. I was praying this wouldn't happen. Just relax Tenten, it's not like they're gonna actually pay attention or anything.

"Hi, I'm Tenten." I waved. "Um, it's nice to meet all of you." I then walked back to my desk as quickly as possible. I hate introductions.

"Um, okay... if that's all, I guess you guys have the rest of the class off." With those words, a few of the students cheered, mainly Naruto.

Not wanting to continue talking about dress shopping with Ino, I turned to the person next to me on the other side. He somehow wore a hood over his school uniform, although I didn't think that was allowed, and dark glasses, which I also didn't think were allowed.

"So.... what's your name?" I asked him.

"My name is Shino Aburame." As he spoke, a few beetles flew out of his shirt. "I like bugs, and that is because-"

And with that I turned right back around to Hinata. "So Hinata, will you help me out today? After school I want to practice my soccer skills so I won't be rusty for tomorrow's practice. Do you mind?"

"Oh, well, I'm happy to show you to the field and stuff... B-But I'm not really good at coordination..." She answered.

"Oh okay. That's fine then. Thanks anyway."

Naruto then turned around. "Ooh! That reminds me. Hey Teme! Do you wanna hit after school?"

"Hn." Sasuke replied from the other side of the room.

Satisfied with that answer, Naruto then turned to Hinata. "So Hinata! Do you plan on painting under that tree again?"

I had never seen anyone's face turn so red, but I guess that's Hinata for you.

"Y-yes, I s-suppose so...." She stuttered. "I n-need to finish my painting of Konoha..."

"Cool!" Naruto replied as he put his hand on her shoulder. "Well, I'll see you there, then!"

I swore Hinata was gonna faint