Chapter 21- Karaoke!

Sakura's POV

We arrived at the dance club, and the place was packed. As promised, most of them were drunk teens. The girls and I decided to just find a table and eat first, since we were all pretty starving. The food wasn't too great, but it was at least better than the school food. We ate quickly, and then Ino dragged us over to the dance floor.

We were all dancing to our own beat, Hinata quite modestly, Ino on the opposite side of that, and me and Tenten just kind of jamming out with each other, since we both sort of had the same vibe going on. I would never admit this, but I'm actually pretty good at dancing. I just didn't really want to get down right then.

After a couple songs, Hinata got tired and went back to our table, and Ino went and joined her. Apparently Ino's ecstatic movements had drained a lot of her energy. This left Tenten and I dancing kind of awkwardly by ourselves.

"Hey ladies, you wanna come over with us?" I turned to the voice that addressed me and saw its owner, a tall guy of roughly 18 or so who had clearly had too much to drink. His greasy-haired buddy was talking to Tenten, but she didn't seem like she was enjoying the company either.

"Um, no thanks." I said, motioning him away.

This asshole clearly wasn't going away that easily. He grabbed my wrist. "Oh come on, we're really fun. I promise!" Ewww. I wanted so much to just punch him in the face. So I did.

Tenten, who was having a similar struggle with Mr. Grease, watched me with wide eyes as i did so, and then (seemingly completely forgetting about the other guy), threw her head back and laughed.

The punch was perfect. Just the right amount of follow through, full throttle, straight to the face. He was currently keeled over with a bloody nose. "You're fgunna pay phfor that." He said. (Or at least tried to). His friend looked shocked at first, and then angry as he carried the pervert off to the bathroom.

Tenten, still laughing her head off, dragged me off the dance floor to go find Hinata and Ino. "Oh my god! Sakura!" She said. "I knew you could punch but I've never seen it in action! That was perfect!" I was still completely shocked that I just punched a complete stranger in the face. Hehe. It felt kinda good though. Serves that scrub right.

We found Ino and Hinata chatting at the table and told them all about the assholes, and the punch, but mostly the punch. We decided to take a break from the dance floor and hit the karaoke room.

"Ugh. Do we have to?" Tenten complained.

"Yes." I said. "This is the main redeeming aspect of this place. Free karaoke."

"W-well the entrance wasn't free..." Hinata said. Ino put a finger over her mouth.

Tenten groaned, and then smirked. "Fine, but I'm warning you, I rock."

"Bet." I said.

"Ok!"

We all agreed on a bet. Whoever got the most applause after their song, got $10 from the rest of us. We all glared at each other, determined to win. Hinata was a little scared at our ferocity (she hadn't participated in the last bet), but she got into it soon enough.

We sat back and watched a couple people's performances. Many were actually really good. But finally, it was our turn. Ino, being the most outgoing, took the first slot.

Ino got on stage, and started to sing.

"Kara no kokoro wo terasu mono wa nani?

Sakebi tsuzukero hikari todokumade...."

Ino's voice was really pretty, and with this absolute bop, she did get a lot of applause. It was a tough act to follow, but next it was Hinata's turn.

She slowly got on stage and began singing.

"'Sekkaku hareta kara' tte

Īwake o hitotsu hōri nage

Garēji kara ikioi makase tobidashita..."

Hinata's voice was so soft and beautiful that I got goosebumps, and was practically moved to tears. The song choice and her sweet voice were such a calming and peaceful combination. She got off (too soon in my opinion) and then Tenten was up, and she took it to a completely different direction.

"Konya no tsuki wa nazeka hitomawari ookikute

Itsumo yori akaruku terasu

Senaka wo marumete tobotobo kaeru michi

Donna toki mo mikata wa iru..."

Tenten threw me kind of off guard with that song choice. It did fit her upbeat personality though, and I had to agree with her that she did, in fact, "rock." But it was my turn next, and I wasn't about to lose this bet.

I got on the stage and flashed a smile to my friends that said "you fools are going down."

"Habata itara modorenai to itte

Mezashita no wa aoi aoi ano sora..."

I jammed out and really got into the performance. How could you not when singing this song? By the end of the song, it seemed I had gotten the whole room riled up, and I definitely got the most applause. The other girls congratulated me (with contradictory looks on their faces) and reluctantly forked over ten bucks each. Hehe. They should have known not to bet against me. I simply never lose a bet.

After our bet, we decided to jam out all together to a favorite of mine....

"Isse no se de fumikomu gōrain bokura wa

Nanimo nanimo mada shiranu

Issen koete furikaeruto mō nai bokura wa

Nanimo nanimo mada shiranu..."

Not to brag, our performance was pretty amazing, and we got the whole room cheering by the end of it.

After that, we realized it was already 11:30, and the school doors closed at 12. We sprinted to Ino's car and barely made it in time, panting, laughing, and clutching our sides.

Tenten and Hinata were too tired to walk up to their room, so Ino and I let them crash with us. We chatted for a little while about boys and gossip and other stupid topics, and then we finally called it a night.