Chapter 5- Control Yourself, Hyuga

Neji's POV

As we were eating, Naruto started telling a story about how he got detention from Kakashi-sensei for throwing paper airplanes in class the other day, and when he finally did his detention, Kakashi didn't even show up! He got the whole table laughing and agreeing how that's definitely something Kakashi would do.

Sakura replied, "Oh ya, he probably wasn't at your detention because he swooped in to save Karin from a total beating." The girls all laughed as if they knew something that me and the rest of the guys didn't.

Ino looked up quickly like she was reminded of something and turned to me. "Oh Neji! Tenten wants to try out for the soccer team!"

Wait, seriously? That's the person Tsunade was telling me about?

"Okay. Um, are you good?" I asked Tenten.

"Yes. I am." She answered with a smug grin on her face. I had to say it looked kind of cute on her...

Neji! Wtf are you thinking, we've been over this. Stop thinking like that!

Chill brain. It was just a thought. It's not like I actually like her or anything, I mean, we just met.

Ya, you better not. Falling for a girl is just not on the itinerary. Do you understand?

Ya, ya I get it.

I finally returned to Tenten. "Fine. Practices start Tuesday. If you can keep up with the team, then you can stay."

"Deal." She said.

I turned to the conversation happening between Shikamaru and Ino, who was complaining to him that he needed to care a little more.

"Listen." He said. "Girls are just such a drag. I don't need a troublesome woman in my life right now."

"Oh come on Shika, I know plenty of girls who would be interested, just let me set you up with someone!"

I rolled my eyes. There goes that girl and her meddling again.

"Ino. I told you, I don't want a girlfriend."

"Okay... a boyfriend then?"

"NO!"

She huffed. "Okay, fine..."

Sasuke and Naruto were arguing about baseball or something, and Hinata and Sakura were telling Tenten about the teachers and their classes.

"Okay, so the biology teacher, Jiraiya-sensei, is kind of a pervert, but he knows what he's talking about...." Sakura explained as Tenten scrunched her little nose at the pervert comment.

I tried my best to not think about how cute she looked when she did that.

"Oi. Hyuga!" Naruto called. "Why are you just staring off into space like that?"

I quickly snapped back into reality, not realizing I had been just staring at nothing for the past five minutes.

"Oh. I'm just bored." I replied. "I think I'm gonna turn in early."

And with that, I picked up my stuff and walked back toward the dormitories.