Provisional Licensing Exam, Pt. 1

"Leg-centered techniques are genius!" Mei crowed. "If your arms are unstable, then start kicking! Very clever! I've got some great ideas! Just give me a few minutes, and I'll whip up some super cute leg babies that you'll totally die for!"

"A-Actually," Deku reached out, stopping Mei's attempts at building something new. "the the thing is, I don't want to change the basis of my costume very much, if I can help it."

"A good designer meets the reckless ignorant and they'll advise the demands of the client!" Mei said to herself, lifting up a wrench with glee.

She leaned over a worktable, looking to Power Loader.

"How about it, sir?!" she asked excitedly. "If my work is good enough, will you please add it to her costume?!"

"If it's safe, sure," Power Loader shrugged.

'They're not even going to ask me', Deku thought, dreading the impending outcome.

"Oh, by the way!" Mei shoved her face into Deku's abruptly. "If your legs are your new selling point, then you're probably going to be more of a speed-type hero rather than the power-type hero you've been marketing yourself as."

"That's true," Deku realized, looking to Iida beside her.

"With his stature and weight," Mei motioned to the tall boy, "Iida here is basically an armored tank equipped with an F1 engine! It's going to be hard to impress if you're in the same ring as him."

"Wait a second!" Deku held up a nervous hand. "I've got a power-up move called 'Full Cowling' that I'm getting good at! It lets me increase my whole body's strength!"

"Ooh~" Mei giggled. "In that case, I know just what to do! This will be a cinch!"

Meanwhile, Uraraka looked on awkwardly. What was she feeling in that moment? We may never know.

Back to present time, Deku had just landed in a defensive stance, having smashed the rock that could've harmed All Might from above. 

Kacchan and Gran Torino helped me see the idea of Full Cowling, Deku thought to herself, her lightning sparked around her. It requires quick and small movements combined with precise maneuvering. In order to keep that up, I needed equipment that maximizes my Quirk. Arm-supporting braces, and iron soles that can act like cleats and armor on my legs!

Deku grinned at All Might, and then up at everyone else as she kept her electric position.