Fighting Back

Deku was breathing heavily, her eyes on the villain. When she realized he had been knocked out, she sighed slightly and stumbled. Kota, seeing this, got up quickly.

"H-Hey!" he said worriedly, running over to her.

"E-Everything....is okay..." Deku said roughly, both of her arms busted and twisted from the fight, planting her feet so she wouldn't be unbalanced. "Give me a second....and then there's something I have to take care of..."

"But you're all beat up!" Kota protested. "What more could you have to do now?!"

"I knew he'd be strong," Deku rasped. "That's why I had to try and defeat him here."

This made Kota pause.

"I thought I'd be able to inflict a lot more damage in the end, though," Deku whispered, trembling from the pain. "Turns out...I underestimated the power.....of his Quirk...."

Deku turned her head shakily towards Kota, and then the foggy and burning forest.

"If every villain here tonight is on the same level," she said quietly, "all of our lives are at stake. On top of that...it sounds like they're after some of us students."

Bakugo flashed in her mind, then Uraraka, and Todoroki, followed by Iida.

"I have to let Mr. Aizawa and the Pussycats know that's one of the reasons they're here," Deku strained, straightening. "They're out to kill me, so anyone who they don't want is probably at the same risk. I may be injured....but I'm not dead yet. There are more people I can save."

Kota nodded, his lip trembling.

"We'll leave this villain here for the time being," Deku stumbled over closer to Kota. "With my arms messed up, my Smash was probably weaker than it could've been. I still think it's taken him down for a while, though. He won't wake up anytime soon. And even if he did, he'd be too weak to fight."

Deku looked back at Kota, away from Muscular.

"Right now, my priority is your safety," she said. "We're going to need some help that you can give us. My friends could be trapped by the flames in the forest."

Deku knelt beside him as Kota looked out onto the burning forest.

"We have hope for them," she smiled softly. "Only a water Quirk can put it out. Kota, you hear me?...They need you."

Deku tilted her head at the boy, her small but kind smile still on her bleeding face. Kota nodded slowly, his eyes shining with slight fear but agreement. Deku turned so her back faced him.

"Now, get on," she said. "We need to get you to camp, and fast!"

"You sure you can carry me?" Kota asked uncertainly, climbing on gently. "You're all busted up!"

"No need to worry," Deku told him, firing up OFA and having her lightning crackle around her. "That's why I left my legs unbroken! Hang on tight. This could be rough!"

With a slight grunt of pain, Deku used her Quirk and jumped off of the cliff. Kota yelped and held on tighter, burying his face in her hair. Deku stared straight on ahead as she soared towards the ground, keeping control of her power. Her broken arm flailed in the air, and she ignored her pain, shutting it all out.

Muscular's face flashed in her head, and she grit her teeth.

I have to find Kacchan!!

--------------------------------------

We will now transition towards the facility. Dabi's arm that he had used to send fiery blue blazes at Aizawa smoked. He lowered it, looking up.

"Nice move," he nodded up at Class 1-A's teacher, who had dodged the blast and hopped up onto the roof on top of the facility's door. "Guess you really are a pro."