Practical Exams, Pt. 3

Team Bakugo and Midoriya. Practical Exam. Ready? Go!

~~~

-Those are my moves!! While I was spending my time uselessly at that stupid internship....she passed me....again....Damn it!!

-"I don't know if you figured out how to use your goddamn Quirk or what, but you and your Quirkless little self are really starting to fucking piss me off."

-"I don't need another half-assed result like the sports festival."

-"We get individual scores for these shitty tests, so we'll see who's better, whether you like it or not. I'll beat you with an indisputable difference! I'll kill you!"

~~~

You're seriously pissing me off, Bakugo growled in his head, turning slightly to glare intensely at Deku.

She felt his eyes on her and glanced at him warily. It wasn't a pleasant feeling, to be under a murderous gaze. Deku quickly looked away and looked down, Bakugo's words from different points in time echoing in her mind.

His insults and angry comments, added to his irritated gaze, were hard to ignore.

She turned back to him, about to say something. However, he took a pounding step forward, storming on without her. His outraged expression did not waver.

Nervously, Deku followed.

I have to talk to him, Deku thought, We're a team! We should be going over a plan. Communication is the only way we can win.

"K-Kacchan?" Deku called, jogging up to keep pace with him. "Listen! For this exam, All Might is the villain, and we have to be the heroes! We need a solid plan. Normally, I'd suggest to analyze the villain's combat ability and make our decision then, but here, All Might is the one we're up against! At this point, it isn't even a question. Combat against him is impossible and and a complete suicide mission, we could never beat him....Kacchan, please don't walk ahead! This is a bad idea-"

"Stop following me!" Bakugo snarled, walking ahead as Deku froze.

Steeling her nerves, the greenette ran up to try again.

"All Might is probably waiting for us on this main road," Deku said timidly, catching up. "We should take another route."

"I'm not gonna wait for this fight to happen," Bakugo growled. "I won't run away. It'll look better if we blast that smile of his face."

"No, we should avoid fighting him, no matter what it takes!" Deku protested.

"We'll toy with him until time is almost up and then knock him unconscious for real!" Bakugo scoffed. 

Deku stopped, watching the tall ash-blonde walk on.

Why do things have to be so difficult between me and Kacchan? Deku frowned. ....I don't have time to worry about upsetting him!

"Think about this!" Deku shouted, running up to him again. "We've seen the way he fights! Even with the handicap weights, it'll be impossible to win in a fight against him-!!"

In one quick move, Bakugo whipped around and smacked her backwards. Letting out a pained cry, Deku's head collided with his grenade gauntlet. She fell roughly to the ground from the impact, and struggled to pick herself up.

"I don't want to hear another goddamn word," Bakugo said in a low and dangerous voice.

Deku held the bottom half of her face in her right hand and looked back to face him with hard emerald eyes.