All Might

I must remember.......where I started........

Snow.

Snow fell from the cloudy and gray sky.

It was a bleak and overcast day, and this particular memory will take us down to a certain place.

There was an almost murky river, running beneath a bridge and railed sidewalks on either side of it. A large city lay in the distance, and this area was a it empty. It was a pretty desolate but nearly peaceful place to be, with barely anyone there.......except for two people.

"I want to make a world where everyone smiles," a young boy's voice said. "I want people to live together happily. For that to happen, people need a symbol."

"A symbol?" a woman's voice repeated.

"A symbol of peace," the boy affirmed.

"And why is that?" the woman asked.

"The reason crime is on the rise everywhere," the boy explained, "is because citizens have no one to believe in. They need to rely on someone."

A blonde-haired boy in a middle school uniform stood at the edge of sidewalk nearest to the river. Snow fell around him, and his grip on his school side-bag tightened. He turned to the woman beside him, his blue eyes full of hope and pleading.

"That's why," he said. "That's why I want to be the pillar that gives people hope."

"Huh," the woman mused, snowflakes falling in her black hair and on her white cape. "So that's what drives you to become a hero. And you think you can take on this world and give it hope all by yourself? Even though your Quirkless?"

"You may laugh at me for thinking so," the boy replied, "but yes. People have always told me I couldn't do anything about it, that they didn't believe me. But I am going to do something."

"Heh," the woman chuckled, facing the river with her yellow-gloved hands on her hips. "I don't think it's strange."

The woman turned to the blonde boy, her gray eyes sparkling with understanding.

"Toshinori Yagi, right?" Nana Shimura grinned. "No, I don't think you can't do it. In fact, I'll be your first believer."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in the present time, a lot was happening.

The fire from the battlefield could be seen from all over Kamino Ward.

Traffic was horrible, people were running around everywhere to find out what was happening, and the police had no control. It was an outright mob. Hundreds of people ran and clogged the sidewalks, trying to figure out what was going on, or to get out of there fast. What most were doing varied, but the people around him did not matter to Todoroki.

"Midoriya, are you four safe?" he asked worriedly over the phone, Yaoyorozu staying close to him in the bustling crowd.

"Yeah," Deku replied. "How about you two? Did you get out alright?"

"Yes. I don't think anyone saw us," Todoroki responded. "We're on the street right now, blending in. Some pros are here, helping people evacuate."

"Did they find out what was going on or something?" Deku inquired.

"The fire probably tipped off a lot of people, along with the minor earthquakes," Todoroki answered. "It didn't take them long to assume that the worst was happening, so they're trying to get everyone out. The mob is really bad, though, because people either want to know what's happening or they want to be the first to leave the danger zone."