One Day Wonders

"Emma, Chloe, are you two coming to the park with us?" Ravi asked Emma and Chloe as they walked in playing on their tablets

"Wish I could but I have a date with Red Planet Diaries." Chloe said as she kept her eyes on the screen and sat next to Emma on the couch.        

"And I'm updating my status. Just invited to the park. Now sitting on the couch and watching Red Planet Diaries with my twin sister, chloeross." Emma said as she typed on her tablet.

"Out here in space. I kissed your green face. But it feels like you're light years away! La la la la!" Chloe and Emma sung.

The others stared at the two like they were crazy.

Chloe and Emma ignored them and began watching the episode.         

"Good job, girls. Keep living life to the fullest." Jessie told them sarcastically.

The elevator door rang and opened up.

"Bertram? I'm going to the park alone. With Zuri, Ravi, and Luke. And anyone else we happen to meet along the way." Jessie said.

"Now you know why I always sneak out down the back stairs." Bertram said as he stood in the doorway of the kitchen.         

Mr. Kipling came in with his sunglasses and baseball cap.         

"They're never coming back for you. Let's go search their rooms for loose change." Bertram suggested before the two walked up the stairs.

"We have a weird family." Chloe said before Emma nodded and they went back to watching their show.

***

"Bertram, can I ask you a question?" Emma asked as she and Chloe walked into the kitchen.

"I'm real busy cleaning right now." Bertram said before he turned the self-vacuum on.

"But this is super important! I'm updating my profile picture. Do these make me look smarter?" Emma asked after she put glasses on.

"You want to look smarter, stand next to Luke." Bertram said before Chloe shrugged and nodded.

"Say cheese, Emma! Cheese! Hey, Bertram, do you want a new profile picture?" Emma asked after she took a bunch of different pictures of herself.

"No, thank you. I don't live my life on the computer." Bertram said as he went back to his magazine.

"What life?" Chloe and Emma asked.

"Don't you wanna know what your high school friends are doing?" Emma asked.

"I know what they're doing. Time in prison. Although, I have always wondered how Karen Holtzhauer turned out. I kind of liked her." Bertram smiled as Emma looked her up.

"More like Karen Hotzhauer! Looks like she lives in New York, she's single, and she's not in prison!" Emma said as she showed Bertram.

"Wow, she looks even prettier without the mullet."