Chapter 28 - Flower Girl

"It appears you're awake, there were rumours circulating about the appearance of a witch. But I personally did not heed to them. I mean the Witches were known to be something of a legend wouldn't you agree?" the woman spoke.

Sera jumped to look around, he was inside another place he that he didn't recognise.

"Don't panic I will not reveal your secret to anyone, in fact, I've personally placed you under my own roof" she assured him.

"Why?" Sera asked a rather vague question.

"I only want one thing; I've protected your identity now if you this properly you can help me kill someone and reclaim what is mine."

"kill?", Sera repeated though in a more worried and doubtful tone then the latter portrayed

"Yes," she affirmed without blinking.

"I can't", Sera turned from her looking at anything other than her face.

"You're my only hope, the only chance I have against the king. Please". She begged whilst holding the boy's arm in a tight grip.

"I can't.. I won't kill people"

He surprised the woman by turning his face toward her and illuminated a calm but sad expression.

"He's not a person! He is a monster", she suddenly burst letting go of him.

She stood to turn away. "I won't force you to make a decision immediately, but I hope you'll come to an agreement soon."

*****

"Its dangerous to meet with such short notice, next time such a rushed meeting may not be guaranteed", a voice whispered.

"If I promise to do this, you'll finally leave with me, my princess" the other person replied, further tugging at his own hood, hiding his face.

"Only if you complete this task, my love", the woman narrowed the distance between the both.

"What about the king?" the man asked accepting the women's soft touch, she interlocked her own finger in between his.

"The king is no threat if he isn't present, no matter however long I'll always wait for you"

"I've been waiting three arduous years, so no matter who dies in the process. I will have you"

"My brave knight I would follow you all the way to the underworld if I had to. The one with the black hair doesn't make my journey easy"

"I'll take care of it, so don't worry anymore, my princess" the man held the women's fingers placed it against his lips.

*****

Another day had passed and Sera hadn't caught sight of that same lady with the beautifully pigmented hair.

If he needed food all he had to do was ask the maid that was now always with him, if he needed to do his business, she'd be with him. She was like a withered branch, her hair thin and coloured like ash. Her face barely moved and she didn't speak a word. He didn't see anyone other than her.

For the first time she spoke to him whilst brushing his hair," The Princess will see you today". She simply said, her voice was much louder and stronger than he'd expected.

"The flower girl?" he asked pulling his hands out the maid's grasp.

But she didn't reply and merely adjusted where she brushed.

The boy didn't mind and swung his arms up to yawn

------

"Here sit with me", the princess invited, today she wore a more joyful garment matching her eyes. But Sera was more taken with the room he was brought to.