Chapter 7 - To seduce?

The witch finally opened his beautiful eyes with great reluctance treating his eyes was a splendid curtain surrounding the bed he was lying on. The pillows he laid on were so soft he was tempted fall back into the spiritual land of dreams, but he felt something was off.

He sat up and felt his choker in a rushed movement something was off, 'Dez' he called out to the snake. Normally after calling him once he would immediately reply or even appear, but now there was nothing, not even a whisper.

'Dez' he repeated vainly. "Dez," 'come out, don't leave me' the witch made an unchanged expression. He suddenly struggled to breathe under the realisation 'Dez' wouldn't appear. Hearing the commotion, a maid carrying clothes ran to the bed.

Upon seeing the scene of the Witch struggling for breath she dropped the clothes and placed a gentle hand his bareback.

"Calm down and breathe," she said calmly, he lent his head on her shoulder she smelt nice he noticed.

"Just breathe" she repeated soothingly stroking his back.

He soon calmed down under her guidance.

'Dez return to me I'll be waiting for you, so come back soon' without realising tears one by one started to drip down his face until it streamed.

"What is this?" he asked feeling his damp face.

"You don't know what tears are?" the maid asked.

No, he did, people would cry when they are in pain, this was the first time he cried. "I do" he finally composed himself he looked at the maid who helped him. She had light brown hair neatly placed in a bun she had a pretty face.

"Thank you" he said he said in a barely audible tone.

She smiled the other maids made a fuss about serving this person but she could only see someone harmless.

"Ahh" she suddenly exclaimed attracting the witches attention. She immediately dragged him with her "we need to get you cleaned and dressed" she suddenly explained.

"Why," he asked.

"His Majesty has granted you an audience with him, as soon as you awake, after all, no one could wake you up"

She took him to the bath it was very small as he was more used to the lakes. She reached for his earrings which he prevented her from touching in response.

"What's the matter," she asked sensing his alarm.

"I can't remove it or this" the earrings helped him channel his power properly and his choker was a vessel, like a passageway for his familiar. He's never removed them from Dez instructions.

"Fine" she allowed him to keep the jewellery on.

She stripped his bottom half and blushed furiously at the sight she quickly turned her head away.

"you were a man?" the maid asked her voice pitchy.

"I am" the witch replied coolly.

"Is that so?" she thought he was a flat chested lady such a pretty person she didn't expect to be a man. She hardened herself she had a younger brother so she's seen it all before. So, she ended up washing him anyway as a maid this was a normal task, but she was still embarrassed as she made a big mistake.

"Beautiful..." the maid commented zoning out. "I'm sorry excuse me" She quickly apologised. At the sight, she couldn't help but admire the witch's beauty. He wore a stunning pure flowing gown contrasting his beautiful black hair the white suited him perfectly. He looked like an ethereal immortal beauty.

Never had she been so breath took over anyone and the fact this was a man made the sight even more exotic. This feeling confused the maid greatly it was strange was she not bothered that he appeared so feminine. This made her wonder how the witch may make men feel. It was almost a shame he barely changed his expression.

"Do I have to wear this" the witch commented touching the soft fabric it did feel nice but he was aware it was women garbs and he was constantly tripping over himself.

The maid gulped guiltily she was very unwilling to undo this beautiful appearance she took advantage of the fact he was being impassive, she'd assumed he didn't mind.

"The emperor awaits your arrival, you cannot afford to keep him waiting," she said truthfully. "Before the maid could react quickly enough the witch already started to strip it was too inconvenient. He decided it would be better to be unclothed rather than dressed in something so troublesome.

After skilfully and painstakingly reapplying his clothes she took him to the royal quarters. The witch was confused to why he had to go but got dragged along by the maid anyway.

They arrived at a large door protected by guards, upon arrival they blocked the door placing their weapons in crossways to the others. The maid took the lead she bowed respectfully "his majesty wishes for this person to pay a visit."

They looked over at the witch the black hair and pink eyes it suited the description nodding they each tapped their weapons against the floor in unison. She looked back at the witch, "I'll be going now, stay strong and be very careful with what you do from now on". With that, she left shortly immediately after a voice was heard from within the room.

"Enter"

A door was opened and the guard created space for the witch to enter. The witch looked from side cluelessly.

"You enter" the guard pointed at the oblivious witch. After the witch entered the door behind him closed abruptly closing off the lighting. Making the dark room even darker it was dimly lit by a single light.

Suddenly the witch tripped over the front of the dress and tumbled forward. Not hitting the hard surface of the floor instead his face hit something cold and firm. Opening his eyes, he came into contact with another's cold distant stare.

Realising he fell onto someone bed the witch tried to sit up and distance himself from the man but was held tightly in a grip.

Realising it was futile to resist he gave up and collapsed on the man's bare chest. "Is this you trying to seduce me, if that's all you got then it isn't going to work. Your shallowness doesn't interest me"

"What is seduce? Why am I shallow?" the witch asked quizzically blinking his beautiful eyes in the darkness.

The emperor suddenly got annoyed and flipped the witch over and placed his large hands on his neck where the choker was. "That snake where is he? I remember distinctly he disappeared into this". He knew that snake was by far stronger than him but even so he wanted his revenge.

"Dez is gone, I'm not sure when he's coming back" the witch didn't bother to ask how he knew of Dez since it didn't matter.

"Then you have no use"