The Aftermath

Zoey POV:
I hate the feeling of being stared down at by two giantesses, it makes me feel so exposed. "Can I hold her?" Olivia asks, clearly excited by the idea. Maya frowns. "She barely lets me hold her, I don't think you should hold her just yet." Maya is right, nothing in me wants to be anywhere near Olivia let alone in her massive hands. I give Olivia a polite smile to show I agree with what Maya is saying. Suddenly her face is inches from me once again and I jump back. "Please let me hold you! I promise I'll be gentle. Pleeaase." I look up at Maya, waiting for her to tell Olivia no. She immediately defends me once again "No Olivia, I don't think she's comfortable with that yet." Olivia frowns and pouts slightly. "Fine but I'm holding you later." She says, glaring down at me. This sends a shiver down my spine. "Okay, I think that's enough introduction. I showed you what was in my pocket, can we go inside now?" Maya says trying to hurry this conversation along.  "Sure" Olivia says absent minded, still staring down at me. Maya  moves her hand towards her chest and cups the other one over me for support. I can tell she is trying to move slowly and gently as she walks in. I am getting more used to the sensation of her swaying as she takes each step. "Cover your ears" Maya whispers as she un-cups one of her hands to open the door. I am slightly confused but I understand as soon as she opens the door and the dog goes ballistic. She nudges the dog away with her foot and walks hurriedly to her room. Olivia follows right behind. "Are you going to follow us around?" Maya's asks, clearly annoyed. "What? Do you expect me to just go on with my day and pretend this never happened? You have a tiny person in your hand! This is crazy! Can I at least hang out with you guys for a bit? I promise I'll leave in a while." Maya sighs heavily through her nose which blows my hair back slightly. "Can we just be alone for a little bit? I promise you can come back later but I want to give Zoey some time to take this all in." Olivia seems irritated but agrees to leave for now. Maya quickly goes in her room and locks the door behind her. I am relived having it be just the two of us again. Maya, still cupping me against her chest, slowly crouches down on the ground and sets me gently on her bedside table. I have so many feelings going though my head right now, I feel so betrayed, how could Maya sell me out like this? I'm not sure if I can trust her sister, she doesn't seem like she's as gentle and caring as Maya. I cross my arms and look up at Maya's guilty face. " Zoey, I am so so sorry. I really didn't mean for that to happen, I just didn't have any other choice. I was afraid she would just reach into my pocket and hurt you in the process." I am filled with anger, I knew it was a mistake to leave the house, I should have just stayed here by myself in the safety of my doll house. In anger I screamed "I just don't understand how you could do something so stupid! You couldn't have come up with anything else so I could stay hidden?" Suddenly I see the mood on Maya's face shift and I start to regret my words. "I'm sorry, I tried my best and I failed, but there is no need to call me stupid!" I could hear the hurt in her voice and I started to feel like a real jerk. I can see tears starting to form in her eyes, I try to say something, but before I can she stands up and storms out of the room, making sure to slam the door behind her. My heart sinks. Maya has only ever been nice to me and this is how I treat her? She is the only person I have at the moment and I've managed to piss her off and hurt her. I feel lonelier than ever.

Maya POV:
I feel like such an idiot. I try to be the best person I can for Zoey and I just majorly fucked things up. She hates me, I just know it. I don't understand how she can be so unappreciative, I've done so much for her. I make one mistake and she has the nerve to call me stupid? I stare down at her, heartbroken. There are too many things going on in my mind, I need to leave. I slam the door behind me, not really caring if it's too loud for her. I stand outside the door and try to calm myself down. I can't be too mad at her, she has a right to be upset, although this doesn't completely excuse her. After a while, I've calmed myself down enough and re-enter the room.

Zoey POV:
How could I do this? I've upset the only person I have. Maya seemed to be pretty mad when she left. I have no idea what kind of consequences I've unleashed on myself. I need to fix this and I need to fix it now. I look for a way to get off the table so I can go find Maya. There is a fluffy pillow on the floor and I think this is my best bet. I take a breath, close my eyes, and take a leap of faith onto the pillow. Luckily my plan works and I land on the pillow with little impact. I then gently slide off and onto the floor. I start making my way to the door across the room. I try to think of what I will say to her and how I will diffuse the situation. Just then the door swings open and she walks back in. I stand paralyzed as I see her giant feet step towards me. What was I thinking? She doesn't know I'm down here and I don't know how I'm going to get her attention. I can feel her steps shake the floor as she gets closer. "Zoey, we need to talk this thing out." Her voice booms above me. My worst fear meets reality as her foot hovers above me. Everything feels like it's in slow motion, I try to run but just end up stumbling and falling onto my back. I brace for impact and fear the worst. I feel light pressure all over my body and then suddenly none. Maya stares down at me with shock.

Maya POV:
I walk back into my room ready to talk with Zoey. I really don't want this to turn into a big fight so I decide we need to talk things over. I look over to my bedside table and don't see Zoey, that's when I feel a really strange sensation under my foot. Fear jolts through me and I lift my foot up mid-step, almost falling in the process. My thoughts race as I quickly look to the floor and see what I almost stepped on. My face turns pale as I see Zoey shaking on the floor. I am at a loss for words. I can't believe I just almost crushed Zoey to death. I fall down to my knees and lean down towards her to get a better look. My heart is racing, I've never felt such panic in my life. "Zoey! Are you okay? I can't believe I just did that, please please tell me you're okay!" I fear the worst. What if I broke her bones? Then what will we do? I would have to take her to a doctor and she would get taken away to be experimented on. I feel myself starting to cry all over again.

Zoey POV:
I cower back as Maya slams her knees onto the floor only inches from me. I can't believe I'm alive. I look up at the giantess who just almost killed me and feel all my initial anxieties come back. I am truly powerless against her without her even trying. I can't imagine what she could do if she actually wanted to hurt me. Her face comes near me and I find myself unable to move in a state of shock. She seems a little hysterical as she frantically asks if I'm okay. I finally am able to get some words out "I..I'm fine." She sighs in relief which blows my hair back slightly. I can tell by the look on her face that she's almost as terrified as I am by the events that took place. Suddenly she scoops me up and holds me against her chest in a weird sort of hug. "Oh my god I'm so glad you're okay! I'm so sorry, I shouldn't be so careless." I give her a weak smile "i..it's okay, it wasn't your fault." I say, still clearly shaken up. She looks down at me with pity. "I'm sorry that I told my sister about you, that wasn't my place if you weren't ready." This was my chance to make things right with her. "No, you didn't have a choice you don't have to be sorry. I'm sorry for calling you stupid."
She looks down at me and gives me a smile. "So are we cool?" I smile back "yeah, we're cool." She then stands up and sits on the bed. "Let's watch something."