Pocket

Maya POV
We're about half way through the movie, when I notice Zoey all snuggled up on my chest. I try my best to hold back my "aww" in fear I'd wake her up. A light smile spreads across my face, Zoey was the most adorable thing I had ever seen. I want to take a picture of this precious moment, but I can't risk someone else seeing it on my phone. So I just stare down at her peaceful little body. After about 5 minutes of this, I hear my sister abruptly knock on the door. I jolt involuntary, immediately wincing when I realize I've probably woken Zoey up. To my relief she is still sound asleep on my chest. I try to yell at my sister as quietly as possible.
"Umm don't come in!"
"Why not?" She asks.
I said the first thing that came to mind.
"I'm naked!"
"Okay, well let me know when you're dressed"
Crap. I only have a few minutes to  move Zoey. I try to gently tip her into my hand without waking her. This plan failed, as she rolled across my chest and fell roughly into my hand. Zoey jolted awake, but is calm before noticing me staring down at her. This must have scared her because she immediately jumps back and screams at the top of her lungs. Panicked, I signal for her to be quiet, putting my finger over my lips. I feel so bad, I can see her little chest rapidly rising and lowering in panic.
"What was that?" I hear Olivia say behind the door.
"I'm just gonna come in, okay?"
I clench my teeth and make a last minute decision. " Sorry Zoe." I say, shoving her into my sweatshirt pocket.

Zoey POV
I am dreaming that I'm hiking up a mountain, it's very beautiful, but before I can take in too much of the view, I fall off the edge to what I assume to be my death. Then I wake up. Relieved to be on a solid surface and not falling, but this relief lasts only seconds before I notice the giant eyes staring down at me. Terrified, I scream as loud as possible. When I see Maya signaling for me to be quiet, it all comes rushing back to me. Oh yeah, I fell asleep during the movie. I open my mouth to say something, but before I can, I am cut off by the thunderous voice of Maya's sister.
"What was that?" She screams behind the door. I cover my ears and look to Maya for an excuse. Then Olivia continues
"I'm just gonna come in, okay?"
Alarmed, I again look to Maya for a solution, but instead she just looks down at me sadly.  
" Sorry Zoe" she says before suddenly wrapping her fingers around me and speedily shoving me in her pocket, surrounding me with darkness. The door opens and Olivia enters.
"Oh, it was just a video on my phone" Maya lies. I start to flail, not wanting to be constricted like this, but her grip is too strong. Actually, it's way too strong, I can barely breath. I feel so helpless trying to get her attention to no avail. She's going to suffocate me! Does she not know her strength? As a last resort, I decide to inflict pain on her. I bite her hand as hard as I can and barely break the skin. She immediately let's go, her whole body jerking back. I fall into the scratchy pocket fabric of her sweatshirt. It felt like sitting in a hammock during a storm, fabric swinging me around every which way. I can't even sit in one spot without rolling on my back. I finally give up, just letting my body be flopped around with her movements. Maya's hand is still in her pocket, but is remaining its distance like I'm some kind of feral animal. I feel slightly proud of myself for being able to defend myself over someone so strong,even though she probably didn't mean to be so rough with me.
"Can you drive me and Noel somewhere? Her mom is at work so she can't drive."
Maya, already irritated, spits back "I would, but I'm mad that you think you can just walk into my room!"
"I told you I was coming in!"
This fighting continues until they reach the verdict that Maya would drive her in 20 minutes, just to get her off her back. As soon as the dirt clicks shut, Maya grabs me in her fist and jerks me out of her pocket. I swear I'm going to get whiplash if we keep doing this. Maya looks at me with slightly angry eyes and any pride I had melts away. Just as she's about to speak, I interrupt.
" Maya I..I'm so sorry, I..I..I couldn't breathe in there a..and" suddenly I burst into tears, feeling truly desperate to convince Maya of my argument. "I'm so so sorry Maya, p..please don't hurt me!" Her expression softens, turning into a sorrowful look. She positions her fist above her night stand and carefully drops me on top. She swings her legs off the bed and onto the floor, then kneels down so we are at eye level.
"Zoey I would never try to hurt you, I am so sorry, I didn't realize how hard my grip was" then she glances down at the small teeth shaped gouge in the side of her thumb.
"My thumb will be fine, I think we're even from me just shoving you in my pocket. That was uncalled for."
I give her a weak smile through my tears and sniffle. She smiles too and suddenly lowers her face towards me. Before I know it, her hand is pushing me against her cheek like some kind of hug, but instead of being constricting like before, it's nice and gentle. I hug it back, it's so soft and warm, I put my cheek on hers and enjoy the moment. After a few more seconds, our embrace is over and Maya is just looking kindly down at me.
"So, where do you want to be while I drop my sister off?"
I didn't want Maya to leave me again, but I also didn't want possible interaction with more giants.
"How about you push the dollhouse into your closet, then I can just hang out in there without being seen."
"Good idea." She says, smiling back at me.