Getting Ready for the Day

Zoey POV:
I am gently place down on my front door step. Maya stands back up to her full height and I shiver, being reminded of how she almost crushed me earlier not seeing me from this height. "I'm sorry today was so chaotic" she says sadly. It's hard for me to have a conversation with her from down here because I have to crane my neck all the way up. "Yeah it was, but I'm fine." She smiles down at me. "Goodnight" she whispers and then walks away to her bed. I walk into my "house" and can finally relax. My whole body is sore from being handled so roughly today. I throw myself into bed and try to get some sleep.

Maya POV:
I lay awake in bed thinking about Zoey and how much I put her through today. I need to talk to Olivia and set some boundaries or else this is just going to be an ongoing battle.

The next morning:
Zoey POV:
I wake up after not getting much sleep, I look out my window and don't see Maya anywhere. She must be up and doing something. I get up and get myself ready for the day, or at least as ready as I can. I realized that I really need a shower and to wash my clothes, I'll have to talk to Maya about that later. The thought of a bath sounds really nice but I'm not sure how comfortable I feel taking one, especially if I need Maya's help. I hear the door open and Maya comes strutting into the room with a large plate. She kneels down in front of my house and peeks through the window. "Well look who finally decided to wake up! I made breakfast for us!" She says putting a little plate on the table through the window. She cut out a little piece of toast with peanut butter from her toast and gave me a little chunk of an apple. We eat silently for a moment. "Listen.. I need to tell you something and you can't be mad" she says in between bites. This gets my attention and I look up at her curiously. "I may have talked to Olivia this morning and we agreed that she could have some time with you." "What?" I yell back at her. "Why? Where's my say in all this?" She frowns pitifully at me. "I'm sorry, I know this isn't ideal but this is the only way I could get her to not tell my Mom." This gets me angry. "I'm my own person! You can't just decide that for me!" Maya gives me a slight glare "Then you can decide if you want her to tell my Mom about you or not! Or better yet you can argue with her yourself." She says with irritation in her voice. I sigh and try to deescalate the situation. "I'm sorry, you're right. That's probably the best option for me. But I don't want to be left alone with her, can we just take it slowly?" She smiles, "yeah I bet I can get her to agree to that." We finish breakfast and Maya starts getting ready for the day. "I'm gonna go jump in the shower real quick, do you want to watch something while I'm gone?" "Sure." I say and Maya gently scoops me up and puts me on her bed across from her T.V. "Hey Maya.." I say shyly. "Yeah?" "Do you think I could take a bath or shower or something today?" I say, my face already turning red. She seems a little surprised by the question.

Maya POV:
"Oh my gosh you're right! I'm so sorry, I forgot that you need to bathe too." I internally cringe at myself, duh, of course she needs to bathe she's a person. The whole question kind of took me off guard. "Ummm we'll figure something out when I get back, okay?" She nods in agreement and I quickly leave the room. I don't know why I handled that so terribly. I'm not really sure how she'll bathe, I guess I can just fill up a bowl full of water and let her do it herself? I can let her decide.

Zoey POV:
I sit and anxiously wait for Maya to get back. I'm almost done with an episode of Parks and Rec when Maya comes back in. I look over from the T.V. and see that she's only wearing a towel. I quickly look away and cover my eyes with my hands. "Umm sorry I forgot to bring clothes to the bathroom, can you just look away for a sec?" Maya says awkwardly. I'm already ahead of her and turned the other way. "Yeah go ahead!" I yell across the room. After a minute or two I don't hear Maya moving around and I assume she is done getting dressed. I look up to ask her something and realize my mistake, she's still only in her bra and underwear. She sees me look and screams. "Zoey I didn't say I was done!" I blush madly "sorry sorry sorry" I say all flustered. I feel bad for looking but I do have to admit that she has an amazing body. I push my hands onto my face extra hard as if that's going to make me see less than I already have. Finally Maya gives me permission to uncover my eyes and my face is still very red. Maya walks over and sits down on the bed next to me which makes it shake. She looks down at me sheepishly. "Sooo...are you ready for your bath?" She asks. I am glad that she doesn't confront me about peeking. "As ready as I'll ever be" I say awkwardly. She gives me a slight smile and scoops me up in her hand. She sets me down on the bathroom counter. "Alright I just need to grab some things, I'll be right back." She says eagerly. A few minutes later she returns with her arms full of stuff. She brought a shallow bowl, a water bottle cap, shampoo, conditioner, and laundry detergent. "I thought I could clean your clothes while you take a bath and then hopefully they will be ready by the time you get out." "Oh, uh, yeah that's a great idea" I say, not too sure how comfortable I am with her cleaning my clothes and me being completely nude until I get them back. She fills up the bowl with warm water and has me feel it to make sure it's not too hot. She fills the bottle cap with shampoo and conditioner so I can get it myself and use how much I want. "Alright, give me your clothes" she says staring down at me with her hand outreached. I stand there for a moment, my body very tense. "Um could you maybe look away?" I say awkwardly. "Oh my god" she basically screams "I'm so sorry, I forgot!" She then puts her hand over her eyes. "Just let me know when you're all done and I'll start washing them." I start getting undressed, hoping that she can't see me through her fingers. I let her know once I've given her all my clothes and step into the tub. It feels so nice, I didn't realize how gross I felt until now but it feels really good to get clean.

Maya POV:
I start washing Zoey's clothes in the second bowl that I brought. I'm on the other side of the room facing the other way so she doesn't feel uncomfortable. I feel like such an idiot for staring at her and just expecting her to take her clothes off right there. Sometimes I swear I just don't think. To be fair, she did see me basically naked like less than ten minutes ago. Her little shirt is so cute, I try to scrub it very gently with a toothbrush so I don't damage it. These are probably the best fitting clothes she'll have and I don't want to ruin them. I'll have to start looking for doll clothes for her, although I don't think they make them at her exact scale. Once I have cleaned them thoroughly, I put them in a towel and squeeze all the water out. Then I take a blow dryer and dry them completely. "Your clothes are done, are you almost ready?" I say, still turned around. "Yeah I'm done" I hear her little voice say. I turn around and forget that she's still completely naked. I can hear her let out a little scream. "Oh shit I'm sorry" I say, immediately covering my eyes. "Umm I guess that's pay back for earlier" I say awkwardly. She lets out an uncomfortable little laugh "yeah...sorry about that." We both laugh now and I stand there patiently waiting for her to be done. "Alright, I'm ready!" She yells. I dump out the water, scoop her up, and head back to my room.