Game Time

Zoey POV:
We all decide that we should do something that we can do as a group. "I'm going to go grab us a couple of board games to choose from. Olivia, can I trust you to be good until I get back?" Olivia rolls her eyes, "Yes mom" she says mockingly. Maya looks at her sternly. "No, I'm being serious. No touching her at all, okay?" "I said yes!" Olivia says with irritation. Maya squints at her but decides that things will be fine and leaves the room. I really wish she would have just sent Olivia to go get the games but it's too late for that now. Things are awkward as Olivia just stares down at me."Sooo...how are things going between you two?" Olivia asks with a giggle. My face turns red, what does she mean by this? "F..fine, things are going fine." I say, trying not to sound flustered. She gives me a mischievous smile. "Oh yeah I'm sure things are going very 'fine' for you guys" she says with air quotes. "You two getting all snuggled up in bed together." My face turns even more red and I look down at my feet. Olivia gasps "I knew it! I knew you had a thing for her! Don't worry, I'll keep your little secret." I look up at her in surprise. "Wait! No! T..that's not how it is!" I say defensively, but before Olivia can retort, Maya walks back in the room. Olivia looks down at me and gives me a wink. Oh great. This is the last thing that I need. "Alright you guys I brought Monopoly and Life, which would you rather play?" I think about it for a moment. "I think it would be easier for me to play Life because I can probably spin the wheel myself." Maya snorts at this. "Oh yeah, I forgot. You probably can't roll dice." I put my hands on my hips and glare up at her. She smiles and pokes me lightly in the shoulder, causing me to stumble. "Oh come on you know I'm just joking around." I roll my eyes. "Okay let's just play." Maya lays her palm out for me to climb on and I do just that. I feel surprisingly more comfortable in her hand than I used to. She lowers me down to the floor where the board is already set up neatly. Maya and Olivia sit crisscross around the board while I stand on it. We get started and everything is going well, I am actually able to move my character although it's a little unsettling that the people are Barbie doll sized to me. Finally we all make it through the game and count up our money (which Maya has to count for me). Surprisingly I have the most money. "Whoo-hoo!" I yell and do a little fist pump. "Good game everyone!" I continue, slightly gloating. "Not fair! You totally cheated!" Olivia says, jabbing me a little too hard with her finger and causing me to fall on my butt. Maya reacts immediately and shoves Olivia away. "Be careful you idiot" she yells. Olivia shoves her right back. "She's fine. You do that stuff all the time and worse!" I can feel both of them getting angrier. "Those were accidents, I don't go around doing it on purpose!" She retorts. Olivia rolls hers eyes. "Whatever. Sorry, I'll try not to hurt your little girlfriend" she says mockingly. The room goes silent and both our faces go red. "W..what? We're not girlfriends Olivia" Maya says crossing her arms, clearly flustered. I sit silently and watch everything unfold, mostly because I don't know what to say. "Oh yeah? Then why are you so protective over her? You won't even let me spend one minute alone with her!" Olivia spits back. Maya's face goes even redder. "I am not! I just don't think I can trust you with her." Olivia glares at Maya. "Well it's not really up to you! Zoey is her own person and she can decide if she wants to be with me." Suddenly all the attention is turned to me. "Are you afraid to be alone with me?" Olivia says bluntly. I feel thrown off by this whole situation. I stand there awkwardly. "I uh, I mean I guess I'd be fine spending some time with you." Maya raises an eyebrow at this. "Really?" She asks. I don't know what she's expecting me to do in this situation. It's not like I want to spend time with Olivia but I don't want to be on her bad side which I feel I'm dangerously close to. I also feel a little hurt that Maya was so defensive about the girlfriend comment. I don't know what I wanted her to say, but not that. I guess it was silly of me to ever think she could like someone like me. "Alright, let's go now then" Olivia says, happily scooping me up with one hand. "Wait you can't just take her!" Maya yells. I stand on Olivia's palm and stare down at my feet. "I..it's okay Maya. I'll be fine." I say sheepishly. I can't even look her in the eyes, I feel too embarrassed. Olivia then gives Maya an in-your-face "hmm" and walks out.

Maya POV:
I feel anger wash over me as Olivia pushes Zoey to the floor. What is wrong with her? Doesn't she know how fragile Zoey is. I give her the same treatment and push Olivia back. Olivia gets angered by this and seemingly wants to pick a fight with me. She then gives me a fake apology and jokes about Zoey being my girlfriend. This throws me off guard and I suddenly get very embarrassed. I don't know how I feel about Zoey. She's really cute and I've adored every minute I've spent with her but I feel like it's too soon to have a talk about our relationship and whether we are more than friends. If I'm being completely honest it is definitely something I have thought about before but I don't know if Zoey feels the same way. I don't want to put her in a weird position, especially considering that I'm the only person she really has right now. If I were to tell her how I feel and she didn't feel the same way then I don't know if we could just move on and keep things the same as they are. The whole situation would be unfair to Zoey. I try to deny Olivia's words and move on by putting the blame back on her and how she isn't careful enough. Olivia then puts all the pressure on Zoey and makes her decide who she wants to be with. I can tell how uncomfortable she is and it makes my heart hurt. I am surprised when she tells Olivia that she is willing to spend time alone with her as this is not how she felt this morning. I don't think this is really what she wants, so I try to defend her but she assures me that it's okay. She doesn't even look at me when she's talking. Did I upset her in some way? I was just trying to help. I feel awful.