Just Hanging Out

Maya POV:
I stare at my door waiting for my mom to come in. She opens the door just a crack before saying "Hey Maya, just wanted to let you know I'm heading back to work. Sorry about earlier." Very thankful that she is leaving, I reply "it's fine Mom. We all make mistakes" trying to hurry her along. She tells me she loves me and closes the door. As soon as I hear her walk away I pull the blanket off of Zoey.

Zoey POV:
It is so hot underneath this blanket, all of Maya's warmth being trapped in it. I can feel Maya's hand on top of me on the other side of the blanket, I feel a bit smothered. I try squirming to get out from underneath it, but this is to no avail. I tremble slightly at the sound of Tracy's voice. This woman nearly killed me less than an hour ago and had no idea. I wait impatiently for their conversation to be over, as this isn't the most comfortable spot to be in. Finally, Tracy leaves and Maya uncovers me. I take a deep breath of fresh air in, it felt so stuffy in there. Maya sees this and says "Oh no! Sorry! Was I suffocating you?" I look up and try to reassure her that I was fine and that I only felt a bit of pressure. Both of us being done with our sandwiches, we continue to watch Parks and Rec. We watch a couple of episodes and I can't help but laugh whenever Maya does as her chest gently shakes whenever she does so. Suddenly Maya's giant phone vibrates. She picks it up and groans as she reads the screen. "Ugh, I have to go pick Olivia up. It won't take me long, I'll be right back" Maya says, sitting up, letting me gently slide into the palm of her hand. I am suddenly gripped with fear. I don't want to be alone again, I can't defend myself. Maya stands up and begins to walk towards the closet. I am not as scared this time being carried, but I don't want Maya to leave me. "Wait!" I yell as she begins to lower me. Maya, slightly startled stops abruptly. "Can I come with you?" I say shakily. Maya looks down at me, surprised. "Really? You want to come with?" I nod, unsure of the answer myself. If it were up to me I'd like to just stay here in this room, but I would rather leave with Maya than be here alone again. Maya smiles at me before saying "Alright! Do you want to ride in my pocket?" I think about this and nod, deciding that it is probably the most ideal spot for me. She smiles and slowly sits up, cupping her hand below me so I don't fall. Now in an upright position, Maya looks down at me and says "Are you sure you're okay with this? I don't want to pressure you to do anything you're uncomfortable with."  I'm not sure I'm ready to leave the "safety" of Maya's room, but I'd rather be at risk of outside danger than not have the protection of Maya again. "Yes I'm sure!" I say trying to sound confident. "Yay!" She says with a huge smile. She then lowers me towards her hoodie pocket and gently places me inside. I'm not sure why Maya is so happy I'm coming with her, that just means there are more ways of me getting hurt for her to worry about. The walk to the car is very bumpy and unstable, the pocket swaying with each step, but this is to be expected.

Maya POV:
I can't hold in my excitement when Zoey says she want to come with me. This must mean she trusts me, or at least more than before. I walk slowly and steadily to the car, trying to be conscious of the tiny person in my pocket. When I get out to the car I gently lower myself into my seat and without thinking, slam my car door shut. I feel Zoey's little body jolt in my pocket and I wince at myself once again. I'm such an idiot sometimes. "Sorry! Are you okay in there?" I say in embarrassment, slightly opening the side of the pocket. "I'm totally fine! I was just startled by the door." She says. I smile at Zoey's tiny little voice. "Alright! Here we go!" I say, starting the car and backing out into the street. The drive to the mall is pretty short, so there aren't too many stops and turns for me to worry about. "Alright Zoey, were almost there so Olivia and Noel are going to be getting in the car soon."

Zoey POV:
The drive isn't too bad as Maya is sitting pretty still. Maya lets me know when we are getting close and will have to be more secretive. I try not to work myself up about the giants I will soon be very close to because I know Maya will keep me hidden and safe. Suddenly I feel us stop. Maya shifts to grab her phone, saying "I'm going to text her that I'm here." I wait anxiously for a couple minutes for Olivia to get to the car, finally the moment comes.