Picked up

Maya POV
I wake up, thankful that we're on break. My family won't be home all day and I can get the dollhouse ready for Zoey. I excitedly jump out of bed and tiptoe over to the box. I pull back the little fleece door and see she is still asleep. Aw she's so cute! I then head downstairs to get the dollhouse. After moving a few boxes around I find it, my old dollhouse. It was wooden and had two levels, it's a little dusty from being stored for so long but is otherwise in good condition. I grab it with both arms and haul it upstairs. It's kind of heavy but nothing I can't handle. When I get upstairs I set it down so I can open my door. I set it down in The middle of my bedroom floor. I better go grab some tools, I have a lot of work to do.

Zoey POV
I wake up terrified. I have no idea where I am and it's very dark. Then I notice the holes in the ceiling and remember the events of yesterday. If what I remember is correct, a colossal version of my crush Maya is outside of this dark room. Great. I lay there, waiting for more terrible things to happen to me. It would go along perfectly with my past day. Booming footsteps approach me. Light floods in as a giant finger pulls back the fleece door. One large eye peeks in and I jump back, breathing heavily. She quickly releases the door flap. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." After about a minute pause, she continues. "Are you ready to get up? I have a surprise for you!"
In all honesty I didn't get much sleep last night, and as much as I wanted to go back to sleep, I knew the best thing to do was to just get up and face my day. " I'm up!" I yell back.
Suddenly, my ceiling is lifted away in one swift motion and I am blinded by light. I see her face smiling brightly at me. I feel the urge to hide under the covers, but I force myself to look at her. I'm still not used to seeing such an enormous person, but Maya's sweet face helped me with the fear a little.
"I added a bunch of little things to the dollhouse!" She continues. "There's just one little problem... I think I need to carry you over there, it's too far to walk."
My eyes widen. Was she kidding? That's the last thing I wanted to do. I pleadingly shake my head at her and start trembling slightly.
She looks down sadly at me. "Please. We can take things slowly, I won't just pluck you up, we'll just do baby steps."
I'm still not convinced and shake my head more vigorously. Her expression grows slightly irritated. This time she speaks more sternly.
"Listen, I know this is scary for you, but it's something we'll have to do eventually. Do you expect to just live on this dresser for the rest of your life? No. It's far too dangerous for you to be in plain sight like this." Then her face softens. "You can trust me, I promise" She says with a slight smile.  I know she's right, but I just don't know if I'm ready to be picked up. I look up at her friendly face. I'll just have to trust her, I decide. "Okay, you can pick me up, but can we take it slow?"
"Of course! As long as you need!" She says with genuine intentions.
I slowly get out of bed and leave the box. I stare up at her and she crouches down to eye level.
"We can start by you just being on my palm, Okay? And we'll move from there."
She then lays her palm down flat next to me. I'm amazed at how big it looks all laid out. I shakily walk over to her hand and she waits patiently. I take a deep breath as I step onto her palm and sit down. It feels surprisingly soft and warm. I sink slightly into her squishy palm. She happily beams at me for reassurance. "See, it's not that bad."
But this wasn't nearly the bad part, I'm more nervous to be moved around so high up. I smile nervously at her and give her a single nod.
"Are you ready to be lifted up a little? It'll only be a few inches."
I want to jump off at the thought of not being safely on the ground, but I nervously nod, giving her approval to take the next step. She smirks and slowly raises me up. I lean back on my hands trying to stay balanced. We only moved a few inches, but it all happened so quick.
"Hangin in there?" She asks. " yeah I'm good" I say, unsure of my own answer. She lowers me back down.
"Do you think you're ready to go to the dollhouse?"
Personally I've had enough being lifted up for a life time, but I know how excited Maya is to show me my new home, so I agree.
"Alright, I'm going to cup my other hand over this one for extra safety, so don't panic."
I clench my eyes shut and prepare to be lifted in the air. "Ready" I say. She puts her other hand over top of me like she promised. I jostled back and forth with each step. It felt kind of like when a car slams on its brakes, except more up and down movement. I can tell she is trying to be slow and gentle, but this doesn't make it feel any less scary. I hate rides, and this was like a ride with no safety precautions.

After what feels like minutes of swaying back and forth, we are there. I feel her hands lowering until they hit a flat surface and come to a complete and steady stop. She un-cups her hands, revealing the mansion she had prepared for me. I open my eyes. "Holy shit! That thing is huge" I yell up at her. I don't know what I was expecting, but certainly not this. She smiles proudly. "Wait until you see the inside!"