The unlucky black cat

Zoey POV
We keep up the small talk for a couple minutes, while Maya takes more uncomfortable bites of her breakfast. Maya rests her head on her hand and silently watches me eat my breakfast. I look back at her uneasily, As soon as she realizes she's been staring, she snaps out of it, blinking hard.
"Sorry" She says, her face slightly red. Suddenly she drops her fork with a loud clatter onto her plate.
"I'm done eating, so I'm gonna put my dishes in The sink. I'll be right back."
And just like that, she raises to her full height and exits the room. I breath a sigh of relief. As much as I liked Maya, I didn't like being stared at like an oddity. In the corner of my room there is a shot glass with a piece of tissue in it as a garbage bag. I toss my plate and remaining food in and lay down on my bed. I try to just relax, which is something I haven't been able to do since I got here. Just as I'm getting settled, I hear the loud bark of a dog in the distance and a door open.
"Maya! I'm home!" A voice booms.
Oh god I bet that's her sister. Then thunderous foot steps get louder as someone approaches the door. The door squeaks slightly and then swings open. "Maya?" Olivia screams into the vacant room. I cover my ears in fear of going deaf by her carelessly loud voice. I tuck myself into a ball, praying that she doesn't investigate the room further. To my relief, I hear the door shut. But my problems weren't nearly over. I hear the light pitter patter of more footsteps. I clench my eyes shut and crawl over to my window to determine what the noise was. I slowly poke my head up and look out the window. To my misfortune, there, a few feet Infront of the dollhouse is a giant cat with long black fur. No no no! This can't be happening. At least if I had been discovered by Olivia, I could reason with her, but there was no reasoning with a cat. I quickly retract my head into my room. I hear the loud roar of the purring cat approaching, great, it must smell me. I quickly crawl back over to my bed and squeeze underneath. Seconds later I realize that being here will make me cornered if it decides to catch me. It's too late to reposition, I see the large eye staring into the window. It dilates as it looks directly at me. I shake in fear. I really hope Maya comes back soon, or I'll be this cats breakfast. Then one of his large black paws slowly enters the window. Without being able to see inside the dollhouse, he aimlessly waves his paw trying to hook into the bed I'm under. His claws make a few scratches on the floor in an attempt to grab me. I anxiously watch the paw, he tests different areas for anything he can grab. Suddenly Maya bursts into the room.
"Fin! No!" She says with an ear splitting scream. I can hear the panic in her voice. The cat's arm is immediately pulled out of the house as Maya rushingly scoops him up and throws him out of her room,finalizing it with a loud door slam. "Zoey are you okay?" She says breathlessly. I feel both thankful for being saved, and extremely vulnerable. I couldn't even attempt to save myself, I would surly have died if Maya hadn't returned in time. I crawl out from under the bed. "I'm fine" I say shakily, trying my best not to just break down and cry. Maya let's out a huge sigh of relief, which blows my hair back slightly. Now it is Maya who looks like she's going to cry. "Oh god, I'm so sorry. I should have been more careful...o..or locked my door or something."
"It's alright." I say trying to assure both her and myself. She gives me a weak smile, her eyes glazed over with tears.
"Aw, I wish I could just give you a hug."
I nod in agreement, As much as that idea terrified me, I also felt like I needed a hug.
"Can I just hug your finger for now?"
She smiles. "Of course!" Then she reached her hand into the window, extending her pointer finger out for me to hug. I wrap my arms as far as I could reach around the large digit. It is surprisingly warm and soft. It felt like hugging a large person, except I was hugging a really large persons finger. Ignoring this fact, I tightly squeeze Maya's finger, pushing my face into it slightly. I hear her giggle and get out of my loving moment. I put my hands on my hips and stare up at her. "What's so funny?" I ask, surprising myself with this confident display. Maya also seemed a little shocked, raising her eyebrows slightly. She smiles "Sorry, it just felt so weird having someone hug my finger. Then I felt your little face and I lost it, you're just too adorable." My face turns red because not only was I just called adorable, but I was called adorable by my crush.
"Sorry! I don't mean that in a demeaning way!" She says apologetically. Oh right. She thinks the fact that I'm so small is adorable, not me personally.
"That's okay, I didn't take it that way." We sit In silence for a few seconds.
"So..do you want to do something?" This vague question made me anxious.
"Umm..like what?"
"Like watch a movie or something" I am relieved. "Sure."
"Alright! Do you think you could go downstairs and climb on my hand so we can go to my bed? If not that's totally okay, we could figure something else out."
I think for a moment and push down all my fear. "No, that'll be fine" I say, knowing this will be easier said than done. Her face lights up. "Okay! I promise I'll be gentle." I swallow hard and walk down the stairs. Greeting me at the bottom is a massive hand waiting just outside the door.
"Take your time!"
I take a deep breath in and hype myself up to step onto her giant hand.