Pinned

Tracy (Maya's Mom) POV:
I don't understand why Maya would lock her door and not respond to me. I feel a mixture of anger and concern because this is very unlike her. I grab her room key out of my pocket and open the door. When I look inside no one is there. "Maya?" I say into the empty room. Why the hell would Maya lock her door and not be in her room? Could she have been doing something bad and left out the window? Maya has never really done anything to make me suspicious of her, but this is the only reasonable thing that comes to mind. I walk in to inspect her room. Everything seems fine, except that her room is pretty messy, but this is typical. I make my way over to the window. It's not only closed, but locked, she couldn't have done that from outside. If Maya isn't in her room, then where is she? For that matter, where is Olivia? I sit down on the bed with my feet on the floor and text Maya, hoping to get some answers of where she and her sister are.

Zoey POV:
I tremble in fear as I watch Maya's mom get closer, the ground shaking with each step she takes. Her bare foot stops briefly, inches in front of me. If her step had just been a little bigger she could have been completely crushed me. I stare at her enormous pedicured toes before they lift over me to take another step. I watch as the soles of her feet pass over my head and loudly stomp behind me, making me wince. I feel like I can't breathe, I almost got stepped on and I couldn't even make myself move. Maya's mom strides over to the window, pausing for a moment as she lifts up the curtains and inspects them. Now is my chance to run back to the closet, I must make a decision to either risk getting caught or risk getting stepped on, I choose the former and attempt book it towards the closet. I struggle to stand as my legs are still wobbly, but I try to fight through it. Maya's Mom starts walking back towards me, and before I know it, she is sitting on the bed and lowering her feet in my direction. I cower onto my back and clench my eyes shut, bracing for the impact. Suddenly I am pinned to the floor by the clammy soles of her feet... but somehow I'm not dead? I am thankful that I am able to sink slightly into the carpet fibers and that Tracy isn't putting her full weight on me, but I still feel a lot of pressure. I turn my face to the side so that I can breathe. Now I don't really have much choice, I need to get noticed or I will likely die. I frantically try to move my arms and legs to no avail. Her feet smell like sweat and that isn't helping with my whole breathing situation. I try with all my might to produce any kind of movement, I get more desperate and try to scream, which also wasn't very effective considering that I can barely breathe. I wish Maya was here to protect me, I'm so helpless on my own. Suddenly Tracy stands up and all of the pressure is taken off of me. Thankfully she put her weight on her other foot or I would be smooshed. I lay frozen on my back and watch in shock as she walks off, still staring down at her phone and typing. She doesn't close the door behind her. My entire body is still shaking, I sit up an tuck my knees into my chest. I lower my head and feel tears forming in my eyes. Am I really that small? So small that Tracy couldn't feel me under her foot? I feel so weak and powerless. Suddenly I hear loud footsteps as Tracy walks past the door and I am brought back into the reality of my situation. I need to go back to the closet, I'm not safe out here, not with the door open. I stand myself up and head back to the closet, sliding myself underneath the door. I don't know if I want to tell Maya about any of this. I mean what am I supposed to say? "I left to go snooping around your room"? I couldn't do that. I don't really want her to know about my stupid mistake. For now I'll try to just lay down and try to forget about this whole thing.

Maya POV:
I'm driving my sister and Noel when I get a notification.
"Can you read that to me?" I ask Olivia, wanting to keep my eyes on the road. She silently reads it and suddenly gasps. "Oooh you're in trouble" she says in a mocking tone. " What? What does it say!" I say feeling frantic. " It says "where are you and your sister and why was your door locked? Come home immediately." My heart sinks instantly. Did she go in my room? What if she finds Zoey? "What's wrong?" Olivia says, clearly seeing the panic on my face. " What do you have that's so secret in your room anyways?" "None of your business!" I say, not being able to think of a good excuse. My anxiety is getting to me and I feel Ike I can't focus on anything. "Wow you must have something really bad in there huh?" Olivia mocks again. "Do you want me to drop you off or not? Because I will gladly take you home to face mom too." This shuts her up and she just sits there silently. Finally we arrive at our destination and I stop in front of the mall's main entrance. " I'll pick you guys up in a couple of hours, just text me when you're ready." I say, barely waiting for them to get out of the car before driving off. I need to get home now.

Authors note: Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in a while. I haven't been on this account in a long time. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter:)