Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"And who's she?"

"Miss Rebekah Potter," Mr Malfoy introduced as Mr Borgin brought his hand out. Rebekah hesitated but shook it, and when he didn't let go in time, a sharp shock vibrated through his hand. He jolted his hand back with a hiss and an impressed look.

"An honour,"

"I'm sure...." Rebekah took a step back and behind the older Malfoy.

"I'm selling, Mr Borgin," Mr Malfoy said and took a roll of parchment from his pocket. "The Ministry is doing more raids. I have a number of items that might be seen in a negative light if found. The Manor has yet to be visited but the Ministry is growing meddlesome."

"Can I get that?" Draco interrupted and at the Hand of Glory.

"Ah, the Hand of Glory!" Mr Borgin wheezed, scurrying over to Draco. "Insert a candle and it gives light to only the holder! Young Master Malfoy has fine tastes, sir."

Mr Malfoy's voice dropped in temperature. "I hope my son will become more than a thief, Borgin,"

"No offence was meant, Sir," He wheezed again.

"If his grades don't pick up," Mr Malfoy said and looked at Draco. "That might be a fit."

"The teachers all have favourites, that Hermione Granger...," Draco mumbled.

"There's nothing wrong with her!" Rebekah lifted her chin. "Only because you don't study enough doesn't mean you get to make it seem like something is wrong with Granger. You can't blame your shortcomings on her blood status. I don't try and so I don't get very good marks. I passed Potions with a better mark than her, and in DADA."

"How'd you know what she got?"

"We exchanged our results,"

"When?!" He almost spat at her but recoiled at her expression. "We never leave you alone long enough."

"On the train. While you were busy annoying Weasley and his gang, I snuck out to see her," Rebekah muttered. "She's a decent girl."

"Silent now. " Mr Malfoy snapped at the bickering duo and Rebekah walked off into the store. "Do not touch anything, Miss Potter!"

"I won't!" She loudly said, examining an opal necklace she would have brought if it wasn't cursed. Strange on how something so beautiful killed so many of its owners. Rebekah looked around a bit more and quickly found a bookshelf of different books she had never heard of.

Rebekah took a book from the bookshelf, The Nightshade Guide to Necromancy, and read the blurb. The name itself was self-explanatory and Rebekah decided to buy it. It was another one of her darker books but it seemed interesting enough to justify buying it.

After Mr Malfoy's business with Mr Borgin was finished, Rebekah followed the two Malfoys with a slowed step. She wanted to look around the dark alley but even she knew it wasn't a good idea to do it alone and at such a young age. She quickly regretted her slow pace when a man grabbed her wrist in passing.

"Ain't you a little young to be down here?" He spat with a wild look in his eyes, catching the reflective metal of her bracelet. "What's this? Pure silver.... Pure, Muggle silver!"

Rebekah raised a hand and went to slap him across the face. She might have been young but Aunt Petunia always said to be careful with strangers, especially men alone. "Mr Malfoy!"

The man dropped her wrist as she slapped him. Rebekah quickly ducked behind the older Malfoy as he raised a glowing wand. His eyes were murderous as his voice was colder than ice, making the much shorter man quiver.