Chapter 34- Healing

"Deaton said one to two days. It's been four mom. What's taking so long?" Scott whisper yelled across from Derek who was siting in a chair with his arms on his legs.
"I don't know sweetie. Everyone heals differently and this is supernatural. This isn't what I went to medical school for."
Scott sighed heavily and ran his hands through his hair.
"Derek is panicking on the inside. I heard him crying the other night. He can't lose another girl."
Melissa frowned and looked at the distressed man.
"Poor Derek. He must be having PTSD right now."
"I'm going to talk to him. I'll see you later mom. Thank you."
"Of course sweetie."

Scott walked quietly over to Derek and sat down next to him.
"How you holding up?"
"Not good." Derek scoffed.
"I know buddy." Scott patted dereks shoulder.
"I just... I can't lose her. I can't lose another person. How in the hell am I supposed to do that again?"
"I don't know Derek. But I do know she will be okay. I promise."
"How can you promise that?" Derek snapped "How can you promise that she will be okay. Just like how can I sit here and do nothing while the girl I love is in there probably dying."
"She's incredibly strong. I'm promising you because she can't. I know she would promise you that if she could. I'm just relaying the message." Derek sighed and rubbed his eyes with his hands.
"I just want her awake. I want to see her eyes open again."
"I know. I know how you feel. That's how I felt with Allison. I wanted to see her smile again. I wanted to hug her and hold her and tell her I love her. But you have a chance of getting that again, so don't give up."
The door slammed open and Melissa walked out
"She's awake."
Derek ran into the room and saw y/n with her eyes open. He ran to her side and grabbed her hand.
"Hey y/n. How are you feeling?" Derek kneeled and put his hand on her forehead.
She didn't say anything but put her hand on his cheek and smiled.
"She's probably going to be pretty weak for a while. The greying is completely gone but she's pretty debilitated." Melissa reminded. Derek nodded and looked back at y/n.
Derek rubbed her hand with his thumb as he held it and sat next to her for the next day. Y/n started to build up energy and by that night, y/n was talking and laughing.
Derek rested his head on his arm which was on the hospital bed.
"No but seriously, I'm glad you're okay. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you."
Her smile became more soft and she looked into my eyes.
"I love you." She replied.
Derek almost fell out of his chair. He wasn't expecting the "L" word.
"I love you too." He smiled and kissed her hand.
She gently closed her eyes and her smile dropped as she repositioned her head on the pillow.
"Tired?" Derek asked quietly.
She just nodded and kept her eyes closed.
"Well then why don't you get some sleep. You deserve it." Derek stood up and kissed her forehead, still holding her hand.
"Goodnight." He whispered but she was already asleep. Derek wished she could have said goodnight to him but not so much that he'd wake her up.

The next morning y/n woke up before Derek. He was still in the same position he was in when she fell asleep last night. Sitting in a chair, next to her bed with his head on the mattress. She stroked his hair as he slept with the left side of his face smashed into the mattress. He slowly woke up and looked at her. He smiled and stood up.
"Want me to get you something to eat?"
She nodded and he turned to leave.

A while later he came back with a sand which and a bottle of water. Y/n took it happily and ate violently.
"Woah, slow down, you're going to choke."
Y/n laughed at his concern and slowed her eating.
After she was done, Melissa walked in and cleared her. Y/n was strong enough to walk on her own but she decided to stay for a while longer.

That night, Derek came around and picked her up in his car. As they were driving, y/n noticed that Derek wasn't going the right way.
"Where are we going?"
"I wanted to do something with you. You survived an iron blade, which would have killed any other witch instantly, but you aren't any other witch."
"Im a superhero. I'm like iron man!"
"Iron witch."
"Damn, that's cool."
Derek drove through the forest and drove up to a ledge. He turned his car and parked the car and turned it off.
"Look at the city!" Y/n gasped as she leaned over Derek to look out the drivers side window. Derek just looked at her as she sat in awe. He stared at her until she noticed his gaze.
"What?" She asked.
"Come here."
Derek grabbed her and moved her to his lap. Derek leaned in and kissed her passionately. Y/n responded with the same passion and lust.

They sat in dereks car under the stars and moonlight. What they didn't know was that the cliff they were kissing on was the same cliff that y/n beacon hills with.