Chapter 24- past pains

Beyond what other people say, Friday's were not easy for the students of beacon hills.
Teachers loved to cram last minute tests and stress kids out beyond belief.
Stiles, Scott and y/n sat in their class and studied until the last second.
"Good luck!" She whispered to her two pack mates. They smiled back at her and opened their tests.
Y/ns vision blurred hard. She tried to focus her eyes on her multiple choice test packet. She started to get light headed and dizzy.
She stumbled out of her seat and tried to walk to the front of the classroom.
"Miss l/n, I need you to have a seat please." When there was no response she spoke again "I need you to take your seat."
Y/n looked up at her teacher as the words were muffled in her ears.
She looked directly at her teacher and then without a second to loose, she was on the floor. The entire class gasped and looked over their desks at the girl.

Scott and stiles jumped out of their seats to her side. Scott cradled her head while stiles checked to see her condition.
"She's alive, breathing and heart beating, she's just passed out." Scott lightly shook y/n until she woke up.
"Miss l/n, would you like to go to the nurse?" The teacher asked slowly. Y/n shook her head no and slowly got back on her feet. She swayed back to her desk and picked up her pencil.
"Okay class, you may resume your tests."
They all finished their tests and got out of class.
"Are you sure you're okay?" Scott asked his pack mate as she seemed to get better.
"Scott, I am fine. My answer hasn't changed since you asked me fifteen seconds ago."
Lydia ran down the hallway to the two boys.
"Y/n! Are you okay?! Did you pass out?"
"How'd you know?" Scott asked.
"It's a banshee thing." She shrugged.
"I'm okay. I did pass out. But why did you see it in a vision? It isn't that important right?" Y/n asked.
"I don't know, but we better keep an eye out for witches today. They may strike again on one of our own."
Scott nodded and cradled his pack mate.
"Come on. Let's get to class."

After that day of school, y/n was babied by Hudson.
"You should've called me." He scolded.
"You were in class!"
"I would have answered!"
"In the middle of a test?"
"Anytime and anywhere."
"Hudson..." y/n started
"No, I'm serious. You are the most important thing to me. You always will. I still have to pay you back."
"Hudson. Not this again. It's been three years!" Y/n groaned.
"It's doesn't matter. Until I pay you back, I will remember it."
"Hudson," y/n grabbed his hand "just because I saved you once, doesn't mean you owe me your life."
"You saved my life, y/n. It's what you deserve."
She sighed and let go of his hand.
"I'll be okay. Let me rest for a while. Come check on me later."
He nodded and left the room.
Y/n flipped over on her side and closed her eyes.
She fell asleep quickly and she fell asleep hard.

"Hudson!!" Y/n shrieked as she saw her best friend getting held down by a witch. Her hollowed out eyes curdled Hudson's blood and he screamed in terror. The witch winded back with a ball in her hand and she screamed as she threw it down.
Y/n scrambled to her feet and jumped in between the threat and her best friend. The magic flew outward in sparks as it collided with y/n's stomach and chest. Y/n coughed as the dust and dirt flew up into the air. She laid on the ground, in shocking pain from the magic blasting her back onto the floor.
As the cloud dissipated she looked to see the witch had disappeared.
Y/n flopped onto her back and heaved in oxygen as she felt the singeing pain in her ribs. Hudson scattered over to her and knelt down by her side.
"You're actually stupid." He scoffed.
"I saved your ass didn't I?" She laughed.
"This isn't a joke, y/n. You could really be hurt."
"But I'm not dead. That's all that matters. So what? I'll be scarred, but that's the worst of it. I saved your life. That's all I could ever do. That's all I've ever wanted to do."
Hudson looked down at his best friend who smiled through her tears of pain. He looked down at her burnt, sizzling stomach and felt immense guilt.
She shouldn't have saved me. He thought. I was supposed to be the one to die.

Hudson shot awake with sweat dripping down his forehead. He walked up to y/ns room to check on her. She was sprawled our on her bed like a starfish doing the tango.
He lightly chuckled at her sleeping position. His smile faded when he looked at her exposed stomach. He saw the rough patch that was left as a scar from the burn. He hated the sight of it. It reminded him of his shame whenever he was pulled back into his past.
It was a scary thing, she could have died.
Hudson was pulled out of his sadness when he saw and heard her shift.
She opened her eyes and saw Hudson standing over her bed.
"What, so you're stalking me now?" She asked
"No, I wanted to come check on you."
"Ah. Well, I'm hungry. Wanna go get some food?"
"Sure." He smiled.
Y/n got out of bed and put leggings on. Hudson walked out of the room and she followed behind him.
"Lets go get some burgers!" She cheered.