Chapter 27- The whole truth

"I guess I haven't told you the whole truth."
Y/n sighed at Derek because she knew he was gonna be confused or mad.
"I have this necklace. My mom gave it to me a long time ago. She told me to always wear it and I didn't know why until I was attacked the first time. After that, I never took it off."
"How does it work?" He asked.
"I don't know. I know that it only protects me against witches. The field grows depending on how close they got." She shrugged and thought nothing of it.
"Maybe we should take it to get it looked at." He suggested in curiosity.
"I-I don't know. I've never been without it since I got it. What if they know and they attack me when I don't have it?" She questioned on the brink of panic. Just thinking about not wearing it stressed her out beyond belief.
"Hey" Derek rubbed y/ns arms and grabbed her hands "we will be there to protect you if anything goes wrong. You'll be okay. It'll just be for a little bit."
She nodded and walked back to her house.
"I'll hand it off tomorrow after school. Lydia might know how to identify its properties." Derek nodded and started to walk away.
"Thank you." Y/n said suddenly, catching his attention and made him stop and look back.
He smirked and waved.
"You're welcome, little witch."

Monday's were the absolute worst. Y/n sometimes thought she'd rather battle three witches alone then battle the drowsiness of a Monday morning.
She walked into school without her hair done -or possibly not even brushed-, her clothes wrinkled and acne that she didn't even try to cover up.
"Morning y/-WOAH, what happened to you?" Stiles asked as he took a step back.
"Monday happened." She groaned as she rubbed her head.
"D'oh my god. Get a brush or SOMETHING. You're gonna get bullied."
"Wow, Thanks Stiles. Love knowing that I always have friends to make me feel better." She sarcastically groaned.
Y/n walked to Lydia who had her face in her locker.
"Morning Lyds."
"Morning y/n. Oh by the way I had this idea for- WHAT in the ever loving lord?!" Her eyes went wide as she looked at her friend who looked like she was hosting rats in her hair.
"Is it really that bad?" Y/n asked as she looked in Lydia's locker mirror.
"Would you hate me if I said yes?" Lydia asked softly.
"I just can't care enough." Y/n shrugged "I'm in such desperate need for sleep. I can't go to school anymore. I have been researching every night till two am."
Scott, Liam, mason, and Theo joined the conversation and they were all shocked.
"Yes I know. I look like a tornado hit me. I'm working on it... maybe." She turned back to Lydia with her eyes half closed "school and appearance is the least of my problems right now."
"How you gonna go to college without high school education?" Mason asked.
"How am I even gonna go to high school if the world gets overrun by powerhungry witches with monarchy issues?!" She shot back.
"She's got a point." Liam supported.
"Well you cant keep doing this to yourself. It's really not a good look." Theo said scanning her up and down and smirking
"I'll hex you." She threatened.
Theo put his arms up in surrender and Lydia grabbed her makeup bag and y/ns arm.
"Come on. I'll do as much as I can to fix this."
Lydia put a little bit of makeup on y/n and fixed her hair. She gave her a little bit of bling and put a little perfume on her.
"There you go."
Y/n looked in the mirror and was satisfied with the job.
"Thanks Lyds."
"No problem."

They both walked out of the bathroom they were walking and into class.
Theo gave y/n a smile of reassurance when she asked him how she looked with just her facial expressions and body language.
She quickly gave a happy smile back and dropped it as soon as it came.
She sat down and waited for the teacher to continue.

The day moved by faster then y/n had prayed for and the group met again to figure more out if they could.
"Okay does nobody else understand the homework that Mr Daylee gave to us? It sounded like he forgot how to teach." Stiles complained as we tried to connect more things to each other.
"Y/n, let me see your necklace again." Derek asked, ignoring stiles question.
She handed it to Derek and Lydia walked over in a suspicious manner.
"Why did you stay after class in Mr Daylees class?"
"What?" Y/n asked.
"You stayed half an hour after class. That's not normal, so what were you and Mr Daylee doing?"
"I didn't stay late."
"Yes you did."
"No I didn't." Y/n argued.
"It's okay, if you like him I won't tell. Trust me, I've done worse."
"Ew!! You think I like Mr Daylee??"
"It's alright."
"No!!! I don't like him! He's weird!"
"Yeah, I know." Stiles butted in.
"Seriously! Look at this!!"
Stiles handed over his homework and the letters were all scrambled.
"What?" Y/n whispered as she snatched the sheet from stiles.
"Yeah. And everyone's is like that too."
Stiles pulled out his phone and held up pictures of homework that kids have sent to him. All the words were scrambled.
"What is going on?"