Chapter 15- im gonna do this

That Sunday y/n was invited to Scott's house again to talk about everything.
"We are sorry we didn't get you to help us." Scott apologized.
"It's okay! I know I'm still new. I don't expect you guys to remember me all the time."
"The least we can do is try to make you feel welcome." Mason said as he put his hand on her knee.
"Well thank you guys! So what do you got for me?"
"Well we found out that what was in the clinic is what's known as an elder witch." Stiles piped up.
"An elder witch? What's that?" She half faked.
"They are said to be deemed by the council with this title. They are the best of the best." Stiles told me.
Mom never told me about those. And I have never heard anything about them in the books I've read. Y/n thought.
"Well what can they do?" She asked, trying to gain as much information as she could.
"Pretty much everything."
"Including shape shifting?" Y/n asked.
"Possibly. We haven't read anything on that but it is a possibility.
Y/n shot up and grabbed her bag.
"Where are you going?" Scott asked.
"Ummm. I have something to do that i forgot about. I'll see you guys at school tomorrow."
Y/n ran home and called Derek.
"Hello?" He rang from the other side of the phone.
"Derek. I need you to meet me at my place in ten. I'll text you the address."
She hung up quickly and texted him the address.
"What's up?" Derek asked as he walked in the door.
"I need your help."
"On what?"
"Do you happen to know anything about elder witches? Certain powers that they might have?"
"No, why?"
"Well then you're gonna help me."
Y/n walked past Derek, went through the doorway and down the stairs to the book hook.
She pulled out some books on the top shelf and handed a couple to Derek.
"I need you to help me find anything on elder witches and abilities to shape shift."
Derek nodded and sat in the chair beside her.
They were silent for a while until Derek shot up.
"I got it!"
Y/n jumped to her feet and waited for him to start reading.
"Elder witches, also known as the holy five, can appear in many different forms such as shadows, lights, orbs, mists, and/or people of close relationship to the seer. Elders can not hold shapeshifting for long, therefore become vulnerable to people of connection if other identity is used."
"So they can shape shift." Y/n solved.
"Theoretically, yes. But not for long."
"I gotta tell the pack about this!"
"Wait!" Derek said as he grabbed her hand.
"What?"
"What are you gonna say to the pack if they ask where you got the information from? 'Oh yeah, I got it from a bookshelf full of witchcraft and information on witches that I have in my house because my mom was a witch!'. Cause they are totally gonna let that one go."
"You're right. I gotta figure out something to say."
Y/n paced around the room.
"Here. How about I take the book and then I can just say I got it from a friend. Then they don't have to know it was you."
"Works for me." Y/n handed him the book carelessly and shrugged.
Derek walked to the door and I walked behind him.
"Well, I guess I'll see you later." Derek awkwardly said and walked out the door.
"Yeah, I'll see you later."

Y/n walked upstairs and sat in silence for a minute.
She looked over at her desk and saw the beautifully engraved spell book staring back at her.
She sighed and got up. She grabbed the book and opened it to the page she had marked.
"I'm gonna do this. I'm gonna stop this shape shifter. Even if that means I have to be called a witch."