Stuffed Yam Balls

*Ingredients*

Yam,
red pepper
Minced meat
Green beans, carrot, garlic, ginger, coriander, green pepper, thyme, veg.oil,  sesame oil, salt,  cumin seed, onion and curry

*Stuffed yam balls* is very easy to make and very versatile too. You can add all sort of goodies to it to make it to your personal preference. One of the ingredients which is important in achieving a crunchy ball is breadcrumbs, in the absence of breadcrumbs, you can use flour, corn flakes.

*Method* peel the yam and cut into small chunks, rinse till clean, add to a pot, add enough water to cover it, add salt to taste and boil till soft.... While you're waiting on the yam to boil, cut the carrot and green beans into smaller size and pour to a boiling water and cook for 3 to 4 mins(depending on how you want it) strain the veggies and set aside. Heat up a little veg. Oil and sesame oil, add the onion, garlic,  ginger, black pepper, cumin and coriander, stir fry a bit and add the minced meat add the green pepper, stock cubes and the veggies, mix well and simmer for few seconds, put off the heat and allow to cool.

Check on the yam, once it is done, drain the water and mash till smooth ( I don't recommend using blender or food processor for this part as it makes the yam stretchy and that is not what you want)* then mold it and make a hole at the center and add the filling into the hole, then cover the hole and dip into whisked egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Place a shallow pan on high heat if you haven't done so before, add the veg.oil till hot, test the oil to be sure its hot enough add a tiny drop of the yam or egg and if it floats to the top then the oil is ready to use.... Drop the yam ball into the hot oil carefully, do not over crowd the oil and fry till golden brown. Place on a kitchen towel to drain oil... Repeat process for all the balls, serve immediately or allow to cool, you can have it with hot sauce or just on its own........