Sixteen

In the weeks to come, Olivia and Elliot spent the time after the kids went to bed to fill out the adoption forms. The left side of the binder slowly got bigger and bigger as they flipped pages and filled everything out. Olivia knew barely anything about her best friend, boyfriend, and partner. She was shocked as Elliot filled out the forms about his family. She found out that his parents were still alive, and that was one of the hardest things for her to find out because he never told her.

"So, when can I meet them?" Olivia asked as she leaned against the bathroom door as Elliot shaved before heading to work. 

"Meet who?" Elliot asked as he turned to look at his girlfriend.

"Bernadette and Joseph Stabler," Olivia spoke. Elliot froze and didn't even blink. Olivia moved over to him and grabbed the razor from his hand. She rinsed it off in the sink before turning back and starting to gently shave Elliot's face.

"Did you read the parts I didn't want you to read?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded slowly as Elliot's hands rested on her hips as he swayed a bit.

"I deserve to know what your family is like, especially since you are bringing my daughters into it," Olivia replied.

"I don't talk to my parents. Kathy doesn't talk to my parents. My children don't talk to my parents. You will not talk to my parents, okay?" Elliot spoke, and Olivia rolled her eyes as she moved out of his grip. Olivia swallowed hard as she left the bathroom and moved to get dressed.

"Olivia." Elliot frowned.

"Next time you say that I can't do what I want, remember that I was in an abusive relationship for 8 years and I never got to do what I want. So if I want to meet your parents, I will. Especially because they are getting three more grandchildren that they deserve to know." Olivia huffed. She pulled a blouse on before grabbing her badge and leaving the room.

|+|

Olivia drove in by herself, so when she left work she drove to the address that she had found for Elliot's parents. She drove to Queens, where Elliot's parents still lived in his childhood house. Olivia parked on the side of the road, as she looked at the house that didn't seem big enough to house six kids and two parents.

Olivia heard her phone ring in the cup holder, but she ignored it because she knew it was her boyfriend. Olivia grabbed her phone before climbing out of the car and tucking her phone into the back pocket of her pants. She smoothed her hair before tugging on the bottom of her blouse as she tried to think about what she would say to Elliot's parents. How she would tell them about what is happening.

She eventually made it up the driveway and to the front door. She stood there for a few seconds before ringing the doorbell. Only a few moments later, the door opened and a short woman with white hair looked at Olivia.

"How can I help you?" She questioned quietly. Olivia looked at her for a moment before speaking.

"Bernadette Stabler?" Olivia asked, and she nodded.

"Yes, that's me... and you are?"

"I'm Olivia Benson. I'm dating your son."

"Which one?"

"Elliot... he and I also work together," Olivia said with a  weak smile.

"Did he send you to-"

"He doesn't know I'm here. But I had to come and meet you and your husband. I needed to meet the people that raised the man I love." Olivia replied. Bernadette swallowed hard before looking over her shoulder.

"Joseph doesn't like visitors." 

"Oh, uh, can I come back later? I need to talk to you." Olivia spoke. Elliot's mother shook her head as tears welled in her blue eyes.

"He doesn't like me seeing people when he isn't here... or in general. So please... leave." The older woman whispered. Olivia frowned deeply before nodding slowly.

"Okay... uh, take care," Olivia whispered. She turned and walked down the stairs before moving to her vehicle. As she got settled back into the front seat of her car, she dialed Elliot's number and held the phone to her ear.

"Why didn't you pick up the last four times I have called?!" Elliot exclaimed.

"I think your father is abusing your mother... he won't let her see anyone. She just asked me to leave because he doesn't like guests." Olivia breathed.

"What? Olivia, did you go to-"

"Elliot, your mother is scared. And I'm pretty sure I could see a bruise on her neck. So please, come here." Olivia begged.

"She's bipolar, Olivia. She probably hurt herself so-"

"Elliot Joseph Stabler, I will withhold sex... I will cancel your fucking sports package if you don't come here and at least check-in. Please!" Olivia begged.

"Okay... but you have to come home first since Lucy already left."

"Okay. I'll be there soon."

|+|

Olivia was worried when her boyfriend didn't come home for hours. She was just about to call the cops when the front door opened and Elliot came in with a few bags.

"El?" Olivia asked, as she pushed her swollen figure up off of the couch and moved to her boyfriend.

"He hit her while I was there. So I had to bring her home. I hate her, but I don't want her dead... can you make up the pull-out couch?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded.

"O-of course. Are you okay?" Olivia asked nervously.

"I'm angry. But she couldn't stay there."

"No one should be abused." Olivia breathed.

Olivia made the pull-out couch up and then set towels out for her boyfriend's mother. When she left the bathroom, she made eye contact with Bernadette.

"Are you okay?" Olivia asked weakly.

"No one has ever reported what Joseph does to me... and I'm so thankful that you told Elliot and that you two got me out of that house... Thank you." She breathed, before moving to Olivia. She hugged Olivia tightly, before pulling back and smiling.

"No one deserves to be abused." Olivia breathed.

"Have you been abused?" Bernadette asked, and Olivia nodded tearfully.

"My late husband beat and raped me. But my way out was a fight. Especially because he had pulled a gun on me."

Hey guys, thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below.