Chapter 14: Tour of the Infinity

Börja om från början

"Good work out there team." Lasky complimented. "As of right now I want you to return to Firebase Alpha."

"Why?" Emile asked.

"You guys are gonna be acting as the security officers escorting the politics back on earth. The Paladin will be the transport were gonna be using for the 21st-Century politics. For the past few weeks, they want to have a tour around the Firebase and the Infinity."

That got the groups attention, as they immediately stood up and yelled at Lasky. "One at a time soldiers." Lasky ordered.

"Sir, you can't be serious. Why are you letting some primitives enter our ship." Emile was the first to respond.

"That's because the UN in their world is planning to work with us if we are to capture and retrieve the remaining citizens from their earth. That is why we are to establish our first meeting in the Infinity: for medical, agricultural, space travel, energy generation and numerous other advancements that could propel their global world to a new and brighter future."

"New, and brighter future?" Gideon scoffed at that sentence. "You expect every country in their world to corporate with each other, their not even a unified government. Their world is still fractured, and Ultranationalists will be gaining power and support ever since the attack on Ginza." Gideon pointed out.

He was right. They knew how a nation work and function back in the early 21st Century, and since their government is fractured and not unified countries all across the globe will be desperate to get a hold of their tech for power, and glory for their own country.

"I'm betting it's not just politics that are gonna be arriving?" Mitchell guessed.

"Camera's and other news crew will also be there." Lasky answered earning a few groans of disapproval from the team. "The news crew are only allowed to film, and record some parts of the ship, that is why several ODSTs, and Marines will be leading them away, while you guys escort the politicians."

"Will that be it?" Nick said from the cockpit.

"That would be it. Lasky out."

The call ended and the Paladin is now returning to Firebase Alpha for transport.

Location: Alnus Hill
Time: 1600 Hours
Date: 10/10/2018

In Alnus Hill there were many key figures waiting in the runway: UN Politicians, N.A.T.O Generals, News Crew, and finally Director Galloway of National Security. Many of them were outside of the runway.

"Hey, how long would it take for them to get here?" Director Galloway asked.

"Not long sir. They should be here in a few minutes." A JSDF Soldier replied.

"Hey, I think I see it." A person pointed out to the sky.

They all look up to see a large plane coming straight at the runway. As it gets closer, many took a step back as the size of the plane literally consumes the entire runway, even dwarfing the Antonov 225.

The ramp of the Paladin came down revealing Blue, and Red Team standing in front. Before they could enter. "Please wait, while our A.I's insepct your ID." Jerome instructed to the crew.

The rest of them nodded as they patiently waited for them to check their IDs. Once done they allow them to enter the paladin.

Looking inside the hull of the plane is way larger than they expected. Entering the passenger room of the plane they all took a seat and fastened their seatbelts. Deciding to give them a show Jerome pressed a button in the side of the control, and the metal panels of the plane became translucent and clear for them to see.