CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

"Please sit." He says as he points to one of the chairs in front of his desk. His office was quite decent, its theme colour was maroon and brown.. It was also very spacious.

The room is silent and awkward. I really don't know how to start or what to do, so instead I wait for Aedion to make the first move.

"Okay, I guess let's get straight to the point." He states

"Here are the papers, to sign of the western and eastern territory back to their rightful owners, I assume, you already talked to Alpha Brian and Alpha Alrik about this right?"

I simply nod as I get the papers and read through them. The whole paper was about handing over the packs and lastly, it was an agreement that if I sign them over, I will be a free woman, and no one will bother me and my grandparents. Exactly like what I talked about with him yesterday.

I take the pen that's beside me and I bless the agreement with my signature. I then hand off the paper to Aedion.

"Thank you, for keeping your promise. Goodbye." I state as I stand to leave his office and go home. I did not even give him a chance to respond or to look at his reaction.

As I was about to open the office door to walk out, a woman abruptly opened it walking in. She had dark, long hair and she was so pretty. She was tall; slender and looked like a model. The way she held herself showed she is of high position, she looked so elegant and high maintenance.

"Oh my gosh, I did not know you had a visitor, Aedion." She sweetly says

Aedion sighs from behind me and says "Don't you think next time you should knock?"

She smiles softly "So aren't you going to introduce me?"

There was a long pause, then Aedion says "Avyanna' this is my sister Aislian. And Aislian this is Avyanna Johnson."

Aislian stretches out her hand to me and I take and shake it.

"Nice to meet you." She kindly says

I softly smile and nod "Please excuse me."

"Where are you going?" she asks

I turn around and answer "Home, my work here is done."

"But no, it's late outside. Please stay for the night and you can leave first thing tomorrow morning. It's too dangerous to be travelling home at this hour of the day. Right, Aedion?" she says

"Um yes, I don't mind." He quickly answers.

They both look at me expectantly

"I don't know, I will have to talk to Rhysand and Hunter." I reply

"They are already settled in." she says

"Then I guess I have to stay." I shrug

"Yay." She practically squeals. "Now, let's go for dinner then you can settle in later."

**********************************************************************************

"So Avyanna my dear, do you live with these two?" Queen Asteria asks. We have been seated at the dinner table for the past hour with the royal family. I got to say they are all really nice. Its hard to believe they are related to Aedion. How is it they are all so sweet and kind, whilst Aedion is the complete opposite. The best part is that they know what happened between their son and I or at least I assume they know but they never once asked about it or made me feel uncomfortable.

"No, actually I live with my grandparents just the three of us." I reply

She nods and continues on with her meal. We all continue eating in silence. We were served rice; chicken stew; fried potatoes and on the side with a vegetable salad. The meal is so delicious; I am really enjoying it all.

After some few more minutes, I started feeling a slight burn in my throat. I ignore it at first and thought that it was because the food was hot. I feel the burn again and this time it hits me hard on the throat. This time it came full force and I could not ignore it anymore. I started heaving loudly, it felt like I couldn't breathe, it felt like my insides were turning on me and eating me up bit by bit. I quickly hold my neck, hoping it could make a difference to my pain.

"Avy, what's wrong?" asks Rhysand

I wanted to answer him but I just could not because of how painful my throat was, I certainly couldn't utter a sound not even screaming. Hunter from my peripheral vision I saw him barking out orders for water, towel etcetera to help me.

From behind me, I felt a strong figure rush towards me and slightly lift my upper half so he can lay me on he/she laps. I assume its Aedion because the moment he put, his hand on my forehead, I calmed down a bit. He kept shaking my forehead until he received a cold towel and put it on my forehead. However, this just calms me down but does not take away the pain.

Now my head is getting dizzy and feels like it's on over drive, it's like overheated. My brain feels like its being burnt and the heat travels to the rest of my body.

"She is heating up, call the pack doctor." Orders Aedion

But he is too late, the pain is now unbearable. My legs start shaking violently. I feel someone trying to hold them down but I can't register who it is.

"Avy, stay with me. Please don't close your eyes." I hear Aedion plead.

My whole body shakes even more and I am now sweating, from the heat inside my body. Aedion holds down my body harder, so I don't move and potentially hurt myself. I hear Aedion saying more and more things, to me but I can't tell what he is saying. My vision gets blurry and I feel a pull towards the dark, I feel the Grimm reaper now knocking on my door and for the first time ever in my life, I let him come in.

"Avy, please come back to me!" was the last thing I hear Aedion desperately pleads before the darkness becomes my new found best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See you all on Saturday. Thank you

Please don't forget to vote, share, comment and follow both my Wattpad account and Instagram account @dutch_essqueen