"Victoria Marshall," his voice booms through the room.

"Mr. Davis, would you be able to contact me at a later date to discuss more of this? I have to get back to my rounds," I say in a polite voice, ignoring the three fuming adults behind me.

"Certainly, let me give you my card and you can call me when you're ready. It was really a stroke of luck that you were here tonight,' he says as he hands me the card. I look at it for a moment before holding it tightly with a letter.

"Mr. Marshall, if you feel any chest pains or have difficulty breathing, please contact for a nurse immediately, I'll be sure to send them to you to help," I tell him as I ignore the three of them as they try to call me back. I let out a laugh as I walk away, satisfaction thrumming through me at their anger. I hear my pager beeping at my side and I fold the letter pocketing it as I walk to the next patients. Basking in the satisfaction will have to come later, though I won't lie, there might be an extra spring in my step tonight.

✘✘

I take a look at the time and see it's half-past twelve which means I should be leaving in the next thirty minutes if not an hour. My shift went by pretty quickly with checking on the patients, the only emergency that occurred here was a patient having a seizure but other than that everything has been pretty quiet.

I'm taking a five-minute breather, taking the moment to double-check things for work before going back to make the rounds. I hear the clicking of high-heeled shoes behind me and I'm wondering who comes to the office in high heels. I turn around to see Blaire storming up to me, a glower on her face.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" I ask raising a brow as I pocket my phone.

"Yes, you can tell me who the fuck you think you are to treat us like that," she screeches. I look at her incredulously wondering if her pea-sized brain realizes that this is a hospital, not a place she can raise her voice like a banshee.

"I believe I treated you all with respect," I answer cooly, my arms crossed.

"You don't know how long your dad was looking for you when he found about the will. He was supposed to get everything and it would then go to my mom and me," she scoffs. "But instead it went to trash."

"So you're admitting that your mother is a golddigger and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree either," I chuckle.

"You bitch! You left and you shouldn't have anything. Your dad doesn't even care for you, he's only happy your alive because he deserves his cut as well," she sneers.

"I know he doesn't care for me and it's too bad he'll never see a cent, none of you will," my voice and facial expression turning cold. "I have no love or care for that man in that room and I couldn't care less what he does with his life and his gold-digging family." I watch her shake with anger at every word that drops from my lips, her face furious as she glares at me with hate.

She lets out a small shrill and launches herself at me with her hand raised probably to slap me in the face. I step back and my body bumps int something and I feel hands on my arms steadying me. I look down at the hands and by now I can recognize these tattoos that are inking the skin.

"Is there a problem?" His deep voice calms me down and all the tension from a moment ago starts to wash away. Blaire looks at the two of us before smirking at me triumphantly as if she won and looks at Jason with a seductive, or well at least I think it's seductive, face.

"Officer, this nurse here tried to attack me," she whines. "I'd like her arrested and maybe later we can do a one-on-one interview of what happened, privately I mean," she says winking at him as her hand trails her waist.

"Oh really? Do you want me to check the camera's and I see that you were going to attack her first, not the other way around?" he asks in a neutral voice. She looks at him surprised that he's not on her side or attempting to flirt back, and she tries to stammer an excuse for what happened. I pry Jason's fingers on my arm off and place a hand on his chest.

"Jason, everything is okay, don't worry. She was just leaving, right? I don't need my officer boyfriend arresting you right dear step-sister?" I ask with a dark grin as she looks even more surprised the sexy man behind me is with me. She gives me one more glare before turning around and stomping back to where she came from.

"Step-sister?" Jason questions perplexed.

"It's a long story which I'll save for later but you can tell me what you're doing here, and where's Oli?" I ask.

"I was called out, there was an emergency and I dropped Oli at Charlotte's," he explains.

"Must be serious if you're looking like that," I say pointing to his bloody uniform.

"It's been a long night," he sighs.

"No need to tell me that," I mutter under my breath. I take a look at the time realizing my small break is already finished and that I need to get back to work. "You need to clean up and I need to get back to work, I'll see you later," I tell him with a smile as I quickly kiss his cheek.

"See you at home sweetheart," he replies as he walks back to where he came from. I know Jason will have questions about what happened, no doubt but for now, I'll concentrate on getting through the rest of my shift and hopefully don't run into Blaire or Vanessa because if I see them again, I can't say for sure how things will turn out.

✘✘

A/N I feel like the weight on my shoulder has been lifted. I wasn't too sure how I wanted to proceed with the chapter, I had the idea but I wasn't seeing the end. Thankfully I can now say I'm happy with how this turned out. So Victoria's dad is back and this time with the woman from years ago and her daughter, yikes, family drama (but who doesn't love drama).

I'll probably have the next chapter up by tomorrow if not in two/three days. But for now, be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments section and see you all in the next chapter.

Oh, before I forget, thank you all for the 3k views! It was exciting to see it and I hope you all continue to enjoy the story!!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.