"Victoria, where have you been all this time?" my dad questions, ignoring Vanessa's protest at my reply.

"I'm not obligated to answer that either Mr. Marshall. As far as I'm concerned you are one of the many patients that are currently receiving treatment at the hospital. Are you having any difficulty breathing? Chest pains?" I ask looking at him.

"I don't have any pain and my breathing is fine but Victoria, you're my daughter," he continues to say.

"I'm only my mother's daughter. When I was sixteen I realized I didn't have a father anymore, only a sperm donor," I answer as I take additional notes. I hear Vanessa hiss something to him from behind but I couldn't care less about what she has to say. I hear someone clearing their throat and I turn to look at the man that's been silently watching our exchange.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but you are Ms. Victoria Marshall correct?" he questions.

"Yes, why would you like to know?" I ask, looking at him warily.

"I never introduced myself to you when you were younger but I am your mother's lawyer Timothy Davis. She hired me a year before she passed away," he tells me. My mom hired a lawyer? Was she in legal trouble before she passed away?

"What can I do for you Mr. Davis?" I ask as I save up the notes I'm leaving for the doctor when he comes by later.

"I have been looking for you for the last three years. Your mother left a will for you that you would inherit any savings she has left behind," he answers as he picks up a briefcase from the floor that I didn't notice, places it on his lap and opens it up pulling out a single envelope. "This is just the letter your mother left you and all the other documents I have saved elsewhere."

"How much did she leave?" I ask looking at the sealed letter. "Do they know?" I add looking at the three other occupants.

"They are aware. They knew your mother left you some things and she didn't leave a penny for her husband," he answers. "Your mother was the chief business officer at the business she worked at. She received very high pay for her work and after working for many years she was able to save over a million dollars. I don't have the exact numbers at the moment."

I'm shocked, my mother saved up every single cent she worked for. I knew my parents use to switch who would pay the rent each month and also groceries and other necessities, but I can't believe she did that or more the specifically I can believe that she'd do something like that, it's how she's always been and I wish she was here so I could hug her and tell her that she didn't have to do this.

"That bitch left all the money to her instead of her husband, I can't believe that," Vanessa exclaims angrily, her face starting to turn a bit red.

"It's okay dear, it will work out now that Victoria is here," my dad says trying to appease Vanessa.

"As I've stated many times before Mrs. Marshall, this will is solely for Ms. Victoria only. If anything were to happen to her then everything she left behind would go to donations," Mr. Davis tells her in a calm voice.

"Well, she's here right, she can give some to her dad after all the years he looked after her," Blaire sneers as she throws back her black hair as she glares at me. I look down at the letter in my hand and I know my mom wouldn't have done something rash without a good reason. She most likely knew what he was doing and she decided he didn't deserve her hard work and she wanted to leave behind something for me so I'd have an easy life.

"Mom did this for a reason and I'm pretty sure it's because she knew you were playing with her," I say looking at Vanesa who's face is getting redder by the minute. "I know mom wouldn't do things without reason and therefore every single cent she left under my name belongs to me. It doesn't belong to you, her, or even her." My dad looks shocked that I'd even say he doesn't get a thing mom left behind.