Their minds had become a jumble; thoughts were tangled and their sentences were incoherent. 

This was all too painful.

~

"Mina." Chaeyoung called.

Mina looked up from her hands and she slowly walked towards the younger girl. She cautiously sat on the white sheets, her thighs were greeted by the cold surface and her fingers were entangled with the bed sheet. Her eyes met Chaeyoung's, and all she saw was shattered glass.

Chaeyoung's eyes glistened in the light, yet it was too dull to even reflect the beauty of light that seeped in through the blinds. Her eyes were drained of the colours that once held so much vibrancy it challenged the sun to do the same. Chaeyoung's eyes were filled with shades of gray, her pupils empty of the once expressive pool of joy and comfort. Mina's grip around the bed sheet tightened.

"Did you know.." Chaeyoung's weak voice slightly echoed against the clear mask put over her chapped lips. They were flushed and the flesh blood color was gone; only to be pale. "..I gave the heart to someone else?" 

Mina's eyes widened slightly and she couldn't understand what had started to grow in the pit of her stomach. One part of her wanted to shed tears and cry against Chaeyoung's shoulder while whispering words of regret and apologies. The other side wanted to berate Chaeyoung, scold her for being the selfless character she is, scream at her for never thinking about herself, shout at her for even giving this opportunity away.

"..Of course you did." Mina muttered, though her eyes were averted from Chaeyoung's. Her fingers clutched onto the bed sheet, her shoulders slightly trembling for reasons she's all to familiar with.

Chaeyoung's hand lightly fell onto Mina's, much to the surprise of the latter. Chaeyoung caught Mina's eyes again, causing her lips to curve into a subtle smile; a grin that was so faint it was barely distinguishable. "Sorry." A light chuckle left her lips, to which Mina could only stare.

"You.." Mina paused, unable to form words considering there were only tears that started to brim her eyes. Chaeyoung's grip around her hound tightened ever so slightly, reassuring her, "You never think about yourself do you?" She replied, weakly.

Chaeyoung took in a shallow breath and Mina caught the light wince when she did that, "I get that a lot." Chaeyoung's rasp voice muffled through her clear oxygen mask that covered her nose and mouth. "But I do.."

Mina rolled her eyes playfully, sniffling as she did so. She looked away, not bothering to protest against Chaeyoung's claims considering she had no proper energy to do so. Her atmosphere had gone gray and every corner of her perspective had been tainted. Nothing was as pleasing to the eye anymore. 

"I called you here." Chaeyoung let out a breath, intertwining their hands together. Mina glanced at their interlaced fingers, her heart fluttering ever so slightly when the thought that their hands had perfectly, yet wrongly, fit with each other. "I do think about myself." Chaeyoung smiled, this time more effort was put into it.

Mina met her eyes and once again that falling feeling had slammed against her very heart. She felt her mind spiral into a haze every time she met those round shaped eyes; only for it to be replaced by sorrow. "..how." She muttered. Unknowingly, she felt tears soon start to roll down her cheeks.

She knew this might've been so common for Chaeyoung to see, to witness. Mina tried her hardest to keep a stone wall, to wear her mask like it was sewn to her skin but in front of Chaeyoung it was always a given; she'll crumble. Her stone walls will collapse, her heavy mask will slip away from her grasp and soon enough she's vulnerable. Mina let out a sob, her hand immediately clasping over her mouth to muffle it.

Her tears bled from her eyes, streaming down her cheeks as she reminisced the very moment she's dreadful for. Mina hastily wiped away her tears, hoping to let Chaeyoung to continue talking more and more. She thinks that maybe, it will engrave itself into her mind, like a broken record. 

Chaeyoung waited for a while. Her eyes were tired and her whole body felt as if it was on the verge of complete failure; however, the will to live seemed to have been the only thing keeping her from falling into a dark void. Chaeyoung softly ran her thumb against Mina's palm, drawing circles against her soft skin. "I'm glad." Chaeyoung whispered, her voice was rough.

Mina wearily looked up, her eyes puffed and her cheeks crystallized with her diamond tears. 

Chaeyoung tilted her head slightly, a smile gracing her pale features. 

"I'm glad to be spending my last few days with you, Mina."

~

hello :)

recently i wasn't able to post due to my health. thankfully it wasn't anything serious but i'm still recovering! 

on the side note, for the past few months i haven't been updating, a part of that reason was because i lost some inspiration to wright and had to take a break from doing so. i guess i just didn't enjoy writing as much as i did before and lost the motivation. i want to finish this story and share with you guys this story considering this is one of my favourite soulmate Au's i've seen and written for. however, there are times where i don't want to write or where i feel lost.

recently, i've been gaining that motivation back through getting new ideas but that doesn't exactly mean that i've fully gotten that same inspiration back then. it's not the same. my interests have changed and although i still love twice (always have, always will), my drive to write michaeng had been a little absent. 

now, this isn't to say that i'll abandon this story. this is one of my favourite stories and i want you all to be able to see this until the very end. the updates may be slow but i will finish this story, i promise.

however, my decision to continue to write after this story are, well, a little uncertain. although i have many stories i'd love to share, it might just end up becoming something i'm forcing myself to do rather than something i actually want to do. maybe i'll still write stories, but this time not for twice. or there is a possibility i might just stop writing all together for a bit; it really all depends.

that decision is still in the dark though. 

however, to those who did stick around, albeit the excruciating slow updates, i really thank you. you have been one of the main reasons as to why i still update :)

anyways, thank you for reading this chapter~