A Creature in the Castle

The feast was good, one of the very best Alecto's ever been to, the ghosts of Hogwarts even put up a show. Which was quite amusing, however she caught Snape's eye now and then and half the time he was glaring at her so she must've really upset the man.

She walked to the main stairs corridor with Harry, Ron and Hermione and bid them a good night, she was about to leave when the headmaster rushed in and towards the Fat Lady's portrait.
Alecto frowned lightly and stayed where she was to see what's happened.
The portrait had been slashed so viciously that strips of canvas littered the floor; great chunks of it had been torn away completely.
Dumbledore took one quick look at the ruined painting and turned to see Professors McGonagall, Lupin, and Snape hurrying toward him.

"We need to find her." She heard him say.
Professor McGonagall, please go to Mr. Filch at once and tell him to search every painting in the castle for the Fat Lady.

Youll be lucky! said a cackling voice.

It was Peeves the Poltergeist, bobbing over the crowd and looking delighted, as he always did, at the sight of wreckage or worry.

What do you mean, Peeves? said Dumbledore calmly, and Peevess grin faded a little. He didnt dare taunt Dumbledore. Instead he adopted an oily voice that was no better than his cackle.
Alecto moved a little closer to hear them better.

Ashamed, Your Headship, sir. Doesnt want to be seen. Shes a horrible mess. Saw her running through the landscape up on the fourth floor, sir, dodging between the trees. Crying something dreadful, he said happily. Poor thing, he added unconvincingly.

Did she say who did it? said Dumbledore quietly.

Oh yes, Professorhead, said Peeves, with the air of one cradling a large bombshell in his arms. He got very angry when she wouldnt let him in, you see. Peeves flipped over and grinned at Dumbledore from between his own legs. Nasty temper hes got, that Sirius Black.

Alecto's eyes widened as she gasped softly.
He couldn't already be here...
She moved back and caught one more glimpse of Snape, who met her eyes as she ran off.

-

Alecto made her way to the girls bathroom to calm herself down and came out a couple of minutes later, seeing the whole of Slytherin house walking towards the great hall. She was about to follow them when she heard shuffling and a low growl, she turned and saw two shining black eyes in the dark, but the figure ran away quickly.
"No wait!" She cried out in a whisper and rushed after it, into the deep dungeon corridors she hadn't even been to in her time at Hogwarts.

"Stop! I know it's you!" She was getting angry and panicky, she turned a corner running after the animal and yelped as she bumped into somebody.

"Watch were you're going, girl!" Professor Snape bellowed at her.
"P-professor." She was caught of guard and had now lost the animal she was chasing.

"What are you doing down here!?" He whisper-yelled at her. "All Slytherins were sent to the great hall you insolent little brat."

"Look professor, I'd think it would be appropriate if you people would just involve me in this! He's my father and I have a right to know-"

"You said it yourself, you have nothing to do with him so why now the sudden intrest?" The dark professor questioned.

"He's still my father, I'm just not like him, because you seem to hate me for being his daughter, I didn't ask to be his daughter so why punish me?" Her tone was suddenly very calm and collected.

A small scowl formed on his lips, "Very well." And with that he lead her to the headmasters office.

-