Butterflies

Alecto's POV

Once we arrived at Hogwarts we all met up in the great hall and was introduced by the frog choir and also Dumbledore's speech. They've got dementors all around the school just because of my father. Soon after dinner I went straight to the Slytherin common room and went straight to bed. It's been a long day.

Besides tomorrow I only have Care for magical creatures, Divination, Defence against the dark arts... and Potions.

-

I woke up early the next day and made my way to the great hall where students were slowly walking in one after the another, getting ready for this new school year. I took my place next to Harry by the Gryffindor table, I never bothered to sit with Slytherins, besides no one ever notices I'm not there.
I glanced at the new defense against the dark arts teacher as he walked in and took his place next to Snape.
Professor Snape...
I'm so happy that I'm back here and able to see him again, it's one of the things that just makes my day, just seeing his onyx eyes, not even mentioning speaking to him, which I mean, yesterday was pretty wonderful to me. No matter how bad it could've turned out.

Back at the Slytherin table Malfoy was making ridiculous fainting expressions, surrounded by a group of laughing Slytherins.

"Ignore him." Hermione stated.

"Hey, Potter!" shrieked Pansy Parkinson, a Slytherin girl with a face like a pug. "Potter! The dementors are coming, Potter! Woooooooo!"

"New third year course schedules." George said passing them over to the trio.

"What's up with you, Harry?"

"Malfoy," said Ron, sitting down on George's other side and glaring over at the Slytherin table.

George looked up in time to see Malfoy pretending to faint with terror again.

"That little git," he said calmly. "He wasn't so cocky last night when the dementors were down at our end of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?"

"Nearly wet himself," said Fred, with a contemptuous glance at Malfoy.

"I wasn't too happy myself," said George. "They're horrible things, those dementors. . . ."

"Sort of freeze your insides, don't they?" said Fred.
I nodded in agreement.

"You didn't pass out, though, did you?" said Harry in a low voice.

"Forget it, Harry," said George bracingly. "Dad had to go out to Azkaban one time, remember, Fred? And he said it was the worst place he'd ever been, he came back all weak and shaking. . . . They suck the happiness out of a place, dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there."
Just like my father probably did...

"Anyway, we'll see how happy Malfoy looks after our first Quidditch match," said Fred. "Gryffindor versus Slytherin, first game of the season, remember?"

"Remember the game, Black? Better not lose too hard." George said winking as he walked off.

Yes I was on the Quidditch team, I was the keeper, only problem, I always played against Harry because I was Slytherins keeper. I joined the team about the end of my third year, and it's been great.
So I went through my fourth year schedule again and finished breakfast.

So we had Divination, not the best subject I've ever had, but it was interesting enough, Professor Trelawney was as always a bit loony. And after a year of already taking the subject I still wasn't used to those stairs, I did meet a small knight in a portrait in my third year though, he's always amused me, so being early today I decided to pay him a visit.