Sun

A/N -

Breath of the Wild Era.
——————

Link's PoV -

We need to reach Gerudo Town before morning. I knew we should have left the bazaar sooner. Dark and I were already dressed in our Gerudo disguises. I sport a white and lime green traditional Gerudo outfit while Dark is dressed in a lovely light grey and purple outfit. The purple stands out strikingly against his dark grey skin. Oh Hylia, he is gorgeous but I can't think about that right now. I have to get my lover to safety before the sun comes up. The sun really hurts dark. Even a small amount of sunlight will cause him excruciating life threatening burns. I can't let that happen. So anywhere we go we travel at night. Of course we run into more monsters this way but nothing we can't handle. I check my Sheika Slate: 3:00 A.M. We have a half hour till the sun comes up. We can make it. We hurry along through the sandy terrain, sand sinking into our shoes making it difficult to walk. "Link, slow down. I'm exhausted," Dark complains.

I hold my boyfriend's hand basically dragging him along through the sand. "I'm sorry, Dark. We only have a half hour till the sun comes up. We need to get you inside a hotel where you'll be safe for the day."

"Okay, okay." Dark speeds up his pace to match my own, "I wish I wasn't such a hindrance to you, my love."

"You are not a hindrance, Dark. You're my best friend, my soulmate, my everything. I love you," I smile at my lover.

"I love you too, Link." Dark smiles back only slightly out of breath.

Finally, we reach Gerudo town with five minutes to spare. We quietly try to walk in. Attempting to not draw any attention to ourselves. I walk a little in front of Dark and easily pass through the gate. "Halt. State your name and region of origin," they speak to Dark. Two Gerudo women block his entrance with spears.

"Oh, ...she's with me." I state trying to raise my voice a pitch or two.

Ignoring me the woman repeats, "Region of origin and name!"

"My name is Dark and I'm from central Hyrule," Dark states obviously trying hard to raise his voice and only mildly struggling.

The Gerudo women eye him suspiciously. "You do not look like a Hylian. I know no Hylian to have grey skin and red eyes."

I check the time. Two minutes. "Please, ladies. I must get my ...friend to a hotel. She burns easily in sunlight." I plead.

"Burns easy, you say. Like a monster. We can have no demons in our town," one of the Gerudo guards state.

"No, she's not a demon! Please let us enter!" I growl.

We're too late. The sun is already coming up. Dark immediately grimaces in pain. Smoke begins to rise from his skin and Dark cries out in pure agony.

The Gerudo guards yelp in fear and hesitantly step back.

I pull clothes from my bag and throw them on Dark trying to cover him from the searing painful rays of the sun. The clothes only mildly help, he need shelter and fast. Breaking disguise I pull my boyfriend close to me and plead. "Please let me help him! He will die without your help! Let us in! I love him! I can't watch him die!"

The guards exchange a glance and lift their spears to let us pass. I half carry and half pull Dark along with me to the hotel. I pay for a room and take Dark inside to safety. In the privacy of our room I gently undress my lover to see how bad his wounds are. Dark immediately colapses on the bed, passed out. He looks terrible. His skin is horribly burnt throughout his body. Red wounds fester and bubble. Blood oozes out onto the bed. Poor baby, I cup my lover's face and gently place a kiss to his head. I fill the bath with water and gently place Dark inside to sooth his wounds. He wakes to the feeling of the cold water. "H-hey..." Dark mumbles as he looks up at me, the small act obviously draining his energy.

"Shhhh, I'm going to take care of you, love." I pour water over the wounds on his arms and chest. "You're safe, now."

Shortly after Dark passes out again. After he is stable I take a fairy and release the bottle onto Dark's wounds. The fairy heals many of the lesser wounds but the deep wounds still persist. We will need to spend a few days here if not weeks to fully heal Dark.

Dark's PoV -

My brain feels so foggy. Link and I are walking through, what looks to be, Akkala on a beautiful night. Suddenly a multitude of stalmoblins rise from the ground. We both pull our swords and attack. The stalmoblins attack us with bow and arrows and other various weapons. Link and I manage to avoid most of the attacks. We take down as many as we can. Why is there so many?! Usually only a few rise from the grave, not 50! Regardless, we have to fight our way out of this. Hours pass with us attacking the group of stalmoblins. We almost have the hoard under control when suddenly the remaining enemies turn to dust. Oh no. That means the sun is out. I look up to see what I fear most. Just as that thought hits me waves of searing pain run through me. I feel my skin blistering and starting to turn to dust just as the stalmoblins did. Link sees my agony and rushes over to me but he is too late. I'm nothing more than a monster. Just like the stalmoblins I turn to dust.

     I hurriedly sit up and wake in a cold sweat. "Dark! Are you okay, love," Link rushes over to me.

     We're still in Gerudo Town at the hotel. The blinds are drawn and I'm laying on the bed in just my boxers. My wounds still burn but they do feel better than before. "I'm fine... just a bad dream," I sigh before carefully laying back down. "You know, Link, the guards were right. I am a monster. If I stay in the sun too long I turn to dust just like stalmoblins and stalbokoblins."

     "Dark, you are not a monster," Link walks over to me and gently cups my face and looks deeply into my demonic red eyes.

     "How can you say that? I have red eyes and my skin doesn't match any other race. Don't deny the facts, Link," the idea of being nothing more than a monster hurts me but I must face the facts.

     Link places a kiss to my forehead. "Yes, you may have lovely red eyes and beautiful grey skin. You may even turn to dust in the sun but you are not a monster. Monsters are evil and want nothing more than to hurt Hyrule and everyone in it. You have the biggest heart of anyone I know. You save people. You would never hurt them. So no, Dark. You are not a monster." Link kisses me once again, on the lips this time.

     I sigh in contentment. Link always knows how to make me feel better. "Thank you, Link. I love you."

     "I love you, too."