Mute (Part 3 - The End)

Link's PoV -

I fall asleep that night with tears in my eyes. I shouldn't have been so rude to Dark. He genuinely wanted to hear my voice. He wants to help me. I need to apologize to him.

I have another sleepless night but this time my dreams aren't about Ghirahim they are about Dark. I wake with a longing to see Dark. I bet he hates me now.

     At school I can't find Dark anywhere. He must be avoiding me. At lunch instead of going to the library as is my usual I search the rest of the school for Dark. I'm outside when I hear sobbing from behind some shrubbery. I crawl behind the bushes. The brush opens up to reveal a rather large and private area between the cool brick wall of the school and the thick cover of the landscaping. The area is covered in shade and in the middle of the area I find Dark sobbing. He apparently notices me and starts to back away. I grab his ankle before he can get away. I mouth the words 'I'm sorry'. Dark smiles at the fact that I tried to speak. "No, I'm the one who should be sorry," Dark continues, "I shouldn't have tried to force you to talk when you didn't want to, can you ever forgive me?"

     I once again try to speak the words 'I already have'. In my effort a small squeak comes from my mouth. Dark's eyes widen. I slap a hand over my mouth in shock. Dark pulls my hand away from my mouth, "You did it!"

     Dark seems excited for me. I like seeing him that way. "D-da..rk" I manage to choke out.

     I feel Dark's arms around me. "You said my name!"

     In the excitement, I pull Dark in for a kiss. Realizing my mistake I try to pull away but I can't because Dark's arms are place gently around my head holding me close to him. He kisses back and I allow myself to melt into the kiss. When we pull away we're both blushing. "S...or-ry," I say.

     Dark smiles wider at my voice. "I liked it, Link, I think I'm in love with you."

     I simply nod and cuddle into his chest. The rest of the day we spend cuddling in that secret spot behind the bushes. I don't talk anymore for the rest of the day. Talking makes my throat hurt but mostly I'm content just laying here in Dark's arms enjoying the scent of his cologne and the feeling of his fingers playing with my hair. Occasionally, I let out a small wimper at the sensation partly testing out my voice and partly encouraging Dark to continue.

     One day soon I'll tell Dark about Ghirahim and how I lost my voice. Maybe one day I'll even be able to find it again.